    and remains.

    I'm comparing this to an older laptop also running Windows XP.

    How do I go about troubleshooting this?

    Not Bill Gates, Apr 24, 2004

  2. Not Bill Gates

    Boomer Guest

    "Not Bill Gates" <> wrote in
    news:avvic.93$:

    > AMD K-6
    > 450 MHZ
    > 320 MB RAM
    > Windows XP
    > Office XP
    > 12 GB hard drive, 6.7 GB free
    >

    > Recently my computer began taking a very long time to go into
    > shutdown.
    >
    > I've checked that all programs are closed.
    >
    > The screen goes to light blue and says Windows is Logging
    > off...and remains and remains.
    >
    > I'm comparing this to an older laptop also running Windows XP.
    >
    > How do I go about troubleshooting this?

    Hi

    Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 308029
    Resources to Help Troubleshoot Shutdown Problems in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q308029

    Windows XP Shutdown & Restart Troubleshooting
    http://www.aumha.org/a/shtdwnxp.htm
    and
    "Windows Shutdown & Restart Center Troubleshooting in 15 Steps"
    http://aumha.org/win4/a/shutdown.htm

    --

    Google is your friend.

    Boomer, Apr 24, 2004

  3. Thanks!!!!

    Not Bill Gates, Apr 24, 2004
  4. Not Bill Gates

    Iceman Guest

    "Not Bill Gates" wrote in message
    > AMD K-6
    > 450 MHZ
    > 320 MB RAM
    > Windows XP
    > Office XP
    > 12 GB hard drive, 6.7 GB free
    >

    > Recently my computer began taking a very long time to go into shutdown.
    >
    > I've checked that all programs are closed.
    >
    > The screen goes to light blue and says Windows is Logging off...and

    remains
    > and remains.
    >
    > I'm comparing this to an older laptop also running Windows XP.
    >
    > How do I go about troubleshooting this?

    Start by looking here:

    "Windows XP Shutdown & Restart Troubleshooting"
    http://aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.htm

    "308029 Resources to Help Troubleshoot Shutdown Problems in Windows XP"
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308029

    Iceman, Apr 24, 2004
  5. Not Bill Gates

    Boomer Guest

    "Not Bill Gates" <> wrote in

    > Thanks!!!!

    You're welcome. (Google is your friend.)

    Boomer, Apr 24, 2004
  6. Not Bill Gates

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 15:14:14 GMT, Not Bill Gates wrote:

    >AMD K-6
    >450 MHZ
    >320 MB RAM
    >Windows XP

    <snip>
    >Recently my computer began taking a very long time to go into shutdown.

    <snip>

    >How do I go about troubleshooting this?

    http://www.theeldergeek.com/
    The Elder Geek on Windows XP Website

    Me

    why?, Apr 24, 2004
  7. Not Bill Gates

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 15:14:14 GMT, Not Bill Gates wrote:

    >AMD K-6
    >450 MHZ
    >320 MB RAM

    <snip>

    You should not use a valid domain for your munged email address. You
    won't be getting the spam but the mail server for these folks will be.

    http://www.microhard.com/HOME/
    Harpal Singh
    600 Enterprise Dr - Suite 207
    Oak Brook, IL 60523
    US
    Phone: 630-522-1111

    Domain Name: MICROHARD.COM
    Created on..............: Thu, Jul 20, 1995
    Expires on..............: Wed, Jul 19, 2006
    Record last updated on..: Thu, Dec 04, 2003

    Try reading

    Me

    why?, Apr 24, 2004