    be installed.The parameter is incorrect" What did I do wrong? What should I
    do to be
    able to continue with the installing the Windows? Thanks Zoli
    Zoli, Nov 22, 2004

  2. Zoli

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Zoli" <> wrote in
    news:iIaod.10435$:

    > I formatted my H.D. WindXP Pro. now in middle of reinstalling it I get
    > a message
    > "Fatal error: An error has been encountered that prevents Setup from
    > continuing.
    > One of the components that Windows needs to continue Setup could not
    > be installed.
    > The parameter is incorrect. Press OK to view the Setup log file".
    > When I click OK
    > this is in the System Setup Log(C:\setuperr.log:
    > ""Error: Installation failed: DO:\i386\asks.Error message: the
    > parameter is incorrect
    > Fatal Error: One of the components that windows needs to continue
    > setup could not
    > be installed.The parameter is incorrect" What did I do wrong? What
    > should I do to be
    > able to continue with the installing the Windows? Thanks Zoli

    http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBM/tip6200/rh6242.htm

    Google is your friend.

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Nov 22, 2004

  3. Zoli

    Duane Arnold Guest

    You may want to try cleaning the install CD.

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Nov 22, 2004
  4. Zoli

    Zoli Guest

    Thanks for the help, it solved my problem Zoli

    Zoli, Nov 22, 2004
  5. Zoli

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Zoli" <> wrote in news:s6fod.18722$yx6.589735
    @weber.videotron.net:

    > Thanks for the help, it solved my problem Zoli

    You're wecome and I am glad things worked out for you.

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Nov 22, 2004
  6. Zoli

    brosam01

    Joined:
    Apr 15, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Zoli and Duane,
    I m having the same problem but I am not able to open the link.

    Can u tell me how you did it ?

    Also, how do I clean the install CD ?

    Would appreciate a response,
    thanks
    brosam01, Apr 15, 2007
  7. Zoli

    Joshuacdc

    Joined:
    Nov 19, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Location:
    Portgal
    To: Duane; from:Joshuacdc

    I Have the same problem in my comptr.The answers given didn't resolved the problem.
    What more I can do?
    Joshuacdc, Nov 26, 2007