    advance.
    Freddy.
    , Sep 1, 2005

  2. Harrison Guest

    On 31 Aug 2005 18:59:17 -0700, wrote:

    >I am tring to reformat my harddrive and I keep locking up at 18% on the
    >format.
    >I am using XP Home, Seagate 120 GHD, Asus a7n8x-x MB.
    >Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated and thanks in
    >advance.
    >Freddy.

    Go to Seagate's website and download their diagnostics utility for either CD
    or floppy, whichever is applicable to your situation.
    Run the tests to determine if there's a problem with the drive.
    Harrison, Sep 1, 2005

  3. presentt Guest

    *Sorry, I hope this doesn't top-post...I hit reply in Google Groups, so
    I'm not sure*

    Anyways, try downloading the System Rescue CD from
    http://www.sysresccd.org. It's an iso, so you need to burn it using
    Nero or something. It uses a linux distro and runs from the cd, and I
    use the program called QTParted on it to do a lot of filesystem
    management, repartitioning, and, of course, formatting. It tends to be
    less buggy than the Windows disks. Not sure why, but maybe it has to
    do with open source :)

    Good luck.
    presentt, Sep 1, 2005