Trouble reading hard drive

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Vector Newman, Jun 8, 2004.

  1. I have 4 hard drives. 2 IBM 60GB, a Western Digital 80GB and an external
    firewire Maxtor 250GB drive. All of a sudden, one of the 60GB drives does
    not appear in My Computer. Nor does it appear under Computer Management
    >Storage>Disk Management. When I look in the device manager however, I see

    all 4 of them and no reports of failures. Running Belarc Advisor shows this:

    IC35L060AVER07-0 [Hard drive] (61.49 GB) -- drive 0, s/n SZPTZ1A2391, rev
    ER6OA44A, SMART Status: Healthy
    IC35L060AVER07-0 [Hard drive] (61.49 GB) -- drive 1, s/n SZTTZLA3608, rev
    ER6OA44A, SMART Status: Healthy
    Maxtor OneTouch IEEE 1394 SBP2 Device [Hard drive] (250.99 GB) -- drive 3
    WDC WD800JB-00CRA1 [Hard drive] (80.03 GB) -- drive 2, s/n WD-WMA8B2771207,
    rev 17.07W17, SMART Status: Healthy

    All 4 are there with correct capacity. It is one of the 60GB drives I cannot
    find and of course, would like to. I have a LOT of photos on that drive. I
    am perplexed by this. How do I get to read the files on this drive that I
    can't find? Any help greatly appreciated here. I am trying not to use the
    term "failure". Don't want to think about that!

    --
    Vector Newman

    **It may be great to be king, but you're never safe on the throne.
    Just ask Elvis.

    Vector Newman, Jun 8, 2004