    Ny pc is windows XP pro with sp2 and I am using 7zip for opening the files.
    Can somebody help me please.
    Thanks.

    Jag Chan, Jan 27, 2007

  2. Jag Chan

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 27 Jan 2007 12:43:24 +0000 (UTC), Jag Chan wrote:

    >I have downloaded five rar files.
    >But when I try to open the files I am getting the message "CRC failed".
    >Ny pc is windows XP pro with sp2 and I am using 7zip for opening the files.
    >Can somebody help me please.
    >Thanks.

    Download the files from another source, see if there are WinRAR rev
    (recovery files, use WinRAR www.rarlabs.com ) to download or download
    par files if there are some.

    Tell to source that put the files up for download there is a problem.

    If there are par files, these can repair the rars, using, Quick Par
    http://parchive.sourceforge.net/

    Me

    why?, Jan 27, 2007

  3. Jag Chan

    Tester Guest

    wrote:

    >I have downloaded five rar files.
    >But when I try to open the files I am getting the message "CRC failed".
    >Ny pc is windows XP pro with sp2 and I am using 7zip for opening the files.
    >Can somebody help me please.
    >Thanks.

    You might try downloading the free program unrar from www.rarlabs.com.
    It's a "DOS box" program. (you have to run cmd.exe and run it from
    within a DOS box)

    Tester, Jan 27, 2007