    The stupis smiley face lights up and smiles and just sits there.

    Is it a yahoo problem or a problem in my computer?

    Mark
    Mark, Jul 22, 2006

  2. Mark

    pcbutts1 Guest

    pcbutts1, Jul 22, 2006

  3. Mark

    MaryL Guest

    "ProfGene" <> wrote in message
    news:e9upa3$sbg$...
    > Mark wrote:
    >> The stupis smiley face lights up and smiles and just sits there.
    >>
    >> Is it a yahoo problem or a problem in my computer?
    >>
    >> Mark
    >>

    > Its a problem with you connection. it is not connecting.

    That may not be the problem. I just posted a message about Yahoo Mail
    (before I saw this message). I have two mail accounts with Yahoo. I have
    not been able to access one of them for the past 2 or 3 days and alsways
    (after a considerable wait) get the message that says the server cannot be
    found. However, I can quickly open the other Yahoo account from the same
    computer, and friends can open their Yahoo account from my computer. The
    same thing happens when I got to someone else's computer and attempt to open
    this mail program. Something is clearly wrong!
    MaryL
    MaryL, Jul 23, 2006
  4. Mark

    ProfGene Guest

    ProfGene, Jul 23, 2006
  5. "MaryL" <-OUT-THE-LITTER> wrote in message

    > "ProfGene" <> wrote in message
    >> Mark wrote:
    >>> The stupis smiley face lights up and smiles and just sits there.
    >>>
    >>> Is it a yahoo problem or a problem in my computer?
    >>>
    >>> Mark
    >>>

    >> Its a problem with you connection. it is not connecting.

    > That may not be the problem. I just posted a message about Yahoo Mail
    > (before I saw this message). I have two mail accounts with Yahoo. I have
    > not been able to access one of them for the past 2 or 3 days and alsways
    > (after a considerable wait) get the message that says the server cannot be
    > found. However, I can quickly open the other Yahoo account from the same
    > computer, and friends can open their Yahoo account from my computer. The
    > same thing happens when I got to someone else's computer and attempt to
    > open this mail program. Something is clearly wrong!
    > MaryL

    The problem seems to have cleared. I can access the Messenger service, now!
    I could always access my Yahoo email but not the Messenger service this
    afternoon.
    The Addison's, Jul 23, 2006
  6. Mark

    MaryL Guest

    "The Addison's" <> wrote in message

    > "MaryL" <-OUT-THE-LITTER> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "ProfGene" <> wrote in message

    >>> Its a problem with you connection. it is not connecting.

    >> That may not be the problem. I just posted a message about Yahoo Mail
    >> (before I saw this message). I have two mail accounts with Yahoo. I
    >> have not been able to access one of them for the past 2 or 3 days and
    >> alsways (after a considerable wait) get the message that says the server
    >> cannot be found. However, I can quickly open the other Yahoo account
    >> from the same computer, and friends can open their Yahoo account from my
    >> computer. The same thing happens when I got to someone else's computer
    >> and attempt to open this mail program. Something is clearly wrong!
    >> MaryL
    >>

    > The problem seems to have cleared. I can access the Messenger service,
    > now! I could always access my Yahoo email but not the Messenger service
    > this afternoon.

    No such luck here. I'm still having the problem with Yahoo Mail. I hope it
    will clear soon!!

    MaryL
    MaryL, Jul 23, 2006
  7. Mark

    Mark Guest

    > > The problem seems to have cleared. I can access the Messenger service,
    > > now! I could always access my Yahoo email but not the Messenger service
    > > this afternoon.
    > >

    > No such luck here. I'm still having the problem with Yahoo Mail. I hope it
    > will clear soon!!
    >
    > MaryL

    My messenger (via Ypager) is back now also.. (Sunday morning) .must
    have been a Yahoo problem, I made no changes to my computer...

    thanks
    Mark
    Mark, Jul 23, 2006
  8. Mark

    MaryL Guest

    "Mark" <> wrote in message

    >> > The problem seems to have cleared. I can access the Messenger service,
    >> > now! I could always access my Yahoo email but not the Messenger service
    >> > this afternoon.
    >> >

    >> No such luck here. I'm still having the problem with Yahoo Mail. I hope
    >> it
    >> will clear soon!!
    >>
    >> MaryL

    > My messenger (via Ypager) is back now also.. (Sunday morning) .must
    > have been a Yahoo problem, I made no changes to my computer...
    >
    > thanks
    > Mark

    My Yahoo Mail is working fine now, too. I first accessed it using
    "buttonbrn's" suggestion, but now it is working smoothly.

    MaryL
    MaryL, Jul 23, 2006
  9. Mark

    Guest

    I've been having the same problem now for 29 hours (based in the UK)
    and have written to the BBC's Click programme asking if they can shed
    some light on what's going on.
    , Jul 23, 2006
  10. Mark

    MaryL Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > I've been having the same problem now for 29 hours (based in the UK)
    > and have written to the BBC's Click programme asking if they can shed
    > some light on what's going on.

    If it's the same problem we had, it cleared just as suddenly as it started.
    Incidentally, I scan my computer for viruses every day (using AVG) and
    frequently use programs such as SpyBot and Ad-Aware. I suspect it is really
    a Yahoo problem, just as someone else said.

    MaryL
    MaryL, Jul 25, 2006