    --

    This didn't occur in the old FF 1 bowsers.
    good day
    Truth, Dec 4, 2006

  2. Truth

    Stubby Guest

    The first site (below) works fine for me with TB 1508

    Stubby, Dec 4, 2006

  3. Truth

    Truth Guest

    problem solved, but (monkey)

    I just removed the FF add-ons called "Tabbrowser Preferences 1.311"
    and "Download Statusbar 0.945" and now I DON'T have endless loop
    reloading on certain .php pages.

    Maybe these add-on's didn't play nicely together.

    Is there anyone out making sure these FF add-on programs are legitimate
    and not malware/worms/backdoors?

    Truth, Dec 5, 2006
  4. Re: problem solved, but (monkey)

    Truth wrote:

    > I just removed the FF add-ons called "Tabbrowser Preferences 1.311"
    > and "Download Statusbar 0.945" and now I DON'T have endless loop
    > reloading on certain .php pages.
    >
    > Maybe these add-on's didn't play nicely together.
    >
    > Is there anyone out making sure these FF add-on programs are legitimate
    > and not malware/worms/backdoors?
    >

    > Truth wrote:
    >> I'm running the latest Firefox bowser.
    >>
    >> I go to a site that uses php pages, and after clicking a few pictures,
    >> the Firefox goes nuts like in an endless loop loading the same php page.
    >>
    >> I include links so that you might also see what happens...
    >>
    >> http://goodshit.phlap.net/ (click some picture/links and see the
    >> browser loop)
    >>
    >> http://contentdm.lib.byu.edu/cdm4/search.php (search for a bunch of
    >> stuff and see if the browser loops)
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> This didn't occur in the old FF 1 bowsers.
    >> good day

    No.

    This is one of the problems with open source. Anyone is free to do what
    ever with it. Anyone can create an extension. It might work, it might not.

    Extensions listed at the mozilla addons site:

    https://addons.mozilla.org/

    have at least some testing before they can be added. They should be
    free of malware, however, there is no guarantee that they will not
    conflict with one another.

    Whenever you install an extension, test well before installing another.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Dec 5, 2006