    http://my.yahoo.com/p/2.html

    any suggestions out there?

    ....Lisa

    hamiltoncruiser, Jul 5, 2006

  2. hamiltoncruiser

    Miller Guest

    *hamiltoncruiser* wrote on 05.07.06 03:43:
    > I updated FF to 1.5.0.4 yesterday and since then FF is consistently
    > delivering an error when trying to access one of my home page tabs.
    >
    > http://my.yahoo.com/p/2.html
    >
    > any suggestions out there?

    WFM with FF 1.5.0.4.
    Which error-message do you get?

    cu, Miller

    Miller, Jul 5, 2006

  3. hamiltoncruiser

    Miller, Jul 5, 2006
  4. Miller wrote:
    > *hamiltoncruiser* wrote on 05.07.06 03:43:
    > > I updated FF to 1.5.0.4 yesterday and since then FF is consistently
    > > delivering an error when trying to access one of my home page tabs.
    > >
    > > http://my.yahoo.com/p/2.html
    > >
    > > any suggestions out there?

    > WFM with FF 1.5.0.4.
    > Which error-message do you get?
    >
    > cu, Miller

    I get this....

    Oops! (0)
    We have run into a temporary problem retrieving your page. Please Click
    Here to try again.
    Thank you for your patience.

    "Click here" takes me to http://my.yahoo.com/ which is page one of My
    Yahoo home page...I want page 2 (http://my.yahoo.com/p/2.html )

    What does WFM mean??

    ....Lisa

    hamiltoncruiser, Jul 5, 2006

    hamiltoncruiser, Jul 5, 2006
  6. hamiltoncruiser wrote:
    > Miller wrote:
    >> *hamiltoncruiser* wrote on 05.07.06 03:43:
    >>> I updated FF to 1.5.0.4 yesterday and since then FF is consistently
    >>> delivering an error when trying to access one of my home page tabs.
    >>>
    >>> http://my.yahoo.com/p/2.html
    >>>
    >>> any suggestions out there?

    >> WFM with FF 1.5.0.4.
    >> Which error-message do you get?
    >>
    >> cu, Miller

    > I get this....
    >
    > Oops! (0)
    > We have run into a temporary problem retrieving your page. Please Click
    > Here to try again.
    > Thank you for your patience.
    >
    > "Click here" takes me to http://my.yahoo.com/ which is page one of My
    > Yahoo home page...I want page 2 (http://my.yahoo.com/p/2.html )
    >
    > What does WFM mean??
    >
    > ...Lisa

    Um, why dont you believe them?
    Yahoo is telling you THEY ran into a 'temporary' problem retrieving your
    page

    Believe it or not, Yahoo is having a 'temporary' problem retrieving your
    page

    Just what part of
    "We have run into a temporary problem retrieving your page." dont you
    understand?

    WFM means Works For Me
    "We have run into a temporary problem retrieving your page" means
    exactly what it says. Yahoo is having a temporary problem retrieving
    your page.

    Moz Champion (Dan), Jul 5, 2006

    Moz Champion (Dan), Jul 5, 2006
  8. hamiltoncruiser

    gwtc Guest

    hamiltoncruiser wrote:

    > Miller wrote:
    >
    >>*hamiltoncruiser* wrote on 05.07.06 03:43:
    >>
    >>>I updated FF to 1.5.0.4 yesterday and since then FF is consistently
    >>>delivering an error when trying to access one of my home page tabs.
    >>>
    >>>http://my.yahoo.com/p/2.html
    >>>
    >>>any suggestions out there?

    >>WFM with FF 1.5.0.4.
    >>Which error-message do you get?
    >>
    >>cu, Miller

    > I get this....
    >
    > Oops! (0)
    > We have run into a temporary problem retrieving your page. Please Click
    > Here to try again.
    > Thank you for your patience.
    >
    > "Click here" takes me to http://my.yahoo.com/ which is page one of My
    > Yahoo home page...I want page 2 (http://my.yahoo.com/p/2.html )
    >
    > What does WFM mean??
    >
    > ...Lisa

    try emptying your cache and cookies: Tools, Options, Privacy, and
    cache and cookies.

    As for WFM: no the middle initial doesn't mean f*ck. It means Works
    for Me. BTW: If you want to know what all these initials and
    abbreviations mean you can look them up here:
    http://www.acronymfinder.com/

    --
    Murphy's Laws of Computing: A computer program will always do what
    you tell it to do, but rarely what you want to do.

    gwtc, Jul 5, 2006
  9. hamiltoncruiser

    gwtc Guest

    gwtc, Jul 5, 2006
  10. Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    > hamiltoncruiser wrote:
    > > Miller wrote:

    > >> WFM with FF 1.5.0.4.
    > >> Which error-message do you get?
    > >>
    > >> cu, Miller

    > > I get this....
    > >
    > > Oops! (0)
    > > We have run into a temporary problem retrieving your page. Please Click
    > > Here to try again.
    > > Thank you for your patience.
    > >
    > > "Click here" takes me to http://my.yahoo.com/ which is page one of My
    > > Yahoo home page...I want page 2 (http://my.yahoo.com/p/2.html )
    > >
    > > What does WFM mean??
    > >
    > > ...Lisa
    > >

    > Um, why dont you believe them?
    > Yahoo is telling you THEY ran into a 'temporary' problem retrieving your
    > page
    >
    > Believe it or not, Yahoo is having a 'temporary' problem retrieving your
    > page
    >
    > Just what part of
    > "We have run into a temporary problem retrieving your page." dont you
    > understand?
    >
    > WFM means Works For Me
    > "We have run into a temporary problem retrieving your page" means
    > exactly what it says. Yahoo is having a temporary problem retrieving
    > your page.

    It was happening over a couple of days...and I had just upgraded...I
    thought the 2 were connected.
    sorry to bother you!!

    ....Lisa

    hamiltoncruiser, Jul 5, 2006

    hamiltoncruiser, Jul 5, 2006
  12. gwtc wrote:
    > hamiltoncruiser wrote:
    >
    > > Miller wrote:

    > >>WFM with FF 1.5.0.4.
    > >>Which error-message do you get?
    > >>
    > >>cu, Miller

    > > I get this....
    > >
    > > Oops! (0)
    > > We have run into a temporary problem retrieving your page. Please Click
    > > Here to try again.
    > > Thank you for your patience.
    > >
    > > "Click here" takes me to http://my.yahoo.com/ which is page one of My
    > > Yahoo home page...I want page 2 (http://my.yahoo.com/p/2.html )
    > >
    > > What does WFM mean??
    > >
    > > ...Lisa
    > >

    > try emptying your cache and cookies: Tools, Options, Privacy, and
    > cache and cookies.
    >
    > As for WFM: no the middle initial doesn't mean f*ck. It means Works
    > for Me. BTW: If you want to know what all these initials and
    > abbreviations mean you can look them up here:
    > http://www.acronymfinder.com/

    Thanks gwtc and Miller for helping me out. I guess I'll just ride out
    Yahoo's problem.

    ....Lisa

    hamiltoncruiser, Jul 5, 2006

    hamiltoncruiser, Jul 5, 2006
  14. hamiltoncruiser

    Dan Condon Guest

    Um... 'scuse me, but it was my understanding that this was a group to try
    and get answers to problems- not to show everyone how cute and sarcastic one
    is...

    Dan Condon, Jul 6, 2006
  16. hamiltoncruiser

    Miller Guest

    *Dan Condon* wrote on 06.07.06 04:18:
    > Um... 'scuse me, but it was my understanding that this was a group to try
    > and get answers to problems- not to show everyone how cute and sarcastic one
    > is...

    What's your problem man?

    Miller, Jul 6, 2006
  17. hamiltoncruiser

    Miller Guest

    *Dan Condon* wrote on 06.07.06 04:18:
    > Um... 'scuse me, but it was my understanding that this was a group to try
    > and get answers to problems- not to show everyone how cute and sarcastic one
    > is...

    What's your problem man?

    Miller, Jul 6, 2006
  18. Dan Condon wrote:
    > Um... 'scuse me, but it was my understanding that this was a group to try
    > and get answers to problems- not to show everyone how cute and sarcastic one
    > is...

    Please elucidate on how I didnt answer the question thank you. I did.

    Moz Champion (Dan), Jul 6, 2006

    Moz Champion (Dan), Jul 6, 2006
  20. hamiltoncruiser wrote:

    > Oops! (0)
    > We have run into a temporary problem retrieving your page. Please Click
    > Here to try again.
    > Thank you for your patience.
    >
    > "Click here" takes me to http://my.yahoo.com/ which is page one of My
    > Yahoo home page...I want page 2 (http://my.yahoo.com/p/2.html )

    That's a Yahoo message, not a Firefox one. Whether or not the error
    messages are the pages you *want* to see, they're still pages at Yahoo's
    server. Therefore the problem lies at their end.

    In the grand scheme of things, Yahoo's servers having a hiccup ain't
    that unusual. I usually find things fix themselves after a couple of
    hours. Longer, if you're talking Yahoo Groups...

    cheers,

    David H

    David Harrison, Jul 6, 2006