    VIA SCSI ATA RAID Controller (although I don't think I have set RAID up...)

    Any ideas?

    Thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyY3Vz?=, May 31, 2005

  2. Yep, and the place to check is, http://planetamd64.com to bypass
    registration, use http://bugmenot.com
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 1, 2005

  3. yes, you need a specific driver for your machine. You don't specify which
    motherboard you have, and you list the WDC as a SCSI drive, which is wrong --
    it's a SATA (Serial ATA) drive. But if your SATA drive is connected to a VIA
    controller (again, there is no such thing as a VIA SCSI ATA RAID controller,
    but I'm guessing again that we have a SATA RAID controller), then you need to
    go to viaarena.com and download the latest drivers for you controller.
    http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx?PageID=2 and select the Windows 64-bit,
    IDE,RAID &SATA. Then select your controller and download the file. You'll
    need to copy it to floppy so you can use it with the F6 option.

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 1, 2005
  4. Can you be a little more specific on the controller? Is it built onto
    your motherboard or a separate card? If on-board, could you please
    provide motherboard details, thanks!

    Rafael Rivera
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/Rafael

    Rafael Rivera [Extended64.com], Jun 1, 2005
  5. Hi,

    Yes you will have to get the drivers (64 bit) from the manafacture of the
    hardware (and run the F6 option during setup), but not only for this device
    but most on your system. It's painfull at this early stage, but well worth
    the effort!

    Luke

    =?Utf-8?B?THVrZQ==?=, Jun 1, 2005
  6. Lets hope it gets better by the end of the year at least.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 1, 2005
  7. Let's hope people read the NG by the end of the year, at least.

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 1, 2005
  8. Thats a tough one Charlie. ;-)

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 1, 2005
  9. =?Utf-8?B?TWFyY3Vz?=

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Tue, 31 May 2005 17:30:02 -0700, "Charlie Russel - MVP"
    <> wrote:

    >Let's hope people read the NG by the end of the year, at least.

    Seems they can't even read yesterday's messages already :)

    jud

    Jud Hendrix, Jun 1, 2005
  10. "Jud Hendrix" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 31 May 2005 17:30:02 -0700, "Charlie Russel - MVP"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Let's hope people read the NG by the end of the year, at least.

    > Seems they can't even read yesterday's messages already :)
    >
    > jud

    Jud,

    I'm not even sure that all of them read the answers :)

    --
    Christian Hougardy [MS MVP XP]
    Johannesburg - South Africa

    Christian Hougardy [MVP], Jun 1, 2005
  11. I think if the searching capabilities were a lot better, people would be
    more willing to make some effort to find the answer their questions.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 1, 2005
  12. Andre Da Costa [Extended64] <> wrote:
    > I think if the searching capabilities were a lot better, people would
    > be more willing to make some effort to find the answer their
    > questions.

    André, do I have to say that to you ?????

    Google is your friend :) all the contributions posted here are available on
    google ;)

    SATA group:microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general

    Cheers
    --
    Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
    Johannesburg - South Africa

    Christian Hougardy, Jun 1, 2005
  13. =?Utf-8?B?TWFyY3Vz?=

    Ron Bogart Guest

    In news:,
    Christian Hougardy <> did some thinking and came
    up with these words:
    > Andre Da Costa [Extended64] <> wrote:
    >> I think if the searching capabilities were a lot better, people would
    >> be more willing to make some effort to find the answer their
    >> questions.

    > André, do I have to say that to you ?????
    >
    > Google is your friend :) all the contributions posted here are
    > available on google ;)
    >
    > SATA group:microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    >
    > Cheers

    How are you accessing this newsgroup through Google? Every time I try - and
    mind you I probably have a lousy record with newsgroups and Google - I get
    the message that no messages found in
    group:microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general

    --
    Ron Bogart {} ô¿ô¬
    Associate Expert

    Ron Bogart, Jun 2, 2005
  14. Ron Bogart <> wrote:
    > In news:,
    > Christian Hougardy <> did some thinking
    > and came up with these words:
    >> Andre Da Costa [Extended64] <> wrote:
    >>> I think if the searching capabilities were a lot better, people
    >>> would be more willing to make some effort to find the answer their
    >>> questions.

    >> André, do I have to say that to you ?????
    >>
    >> Google is your friend :) all the contributions posted here are
    >> available on google ;)
    >>
    >> SATA group:microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    >>
    >> Cheers

    > How are you accessing this newsgroup through Google? Every time I
    > try - and mind you I probably have a lousy record with newsgroups and
    > Google - I get the message that no messages found in
    > group:microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general

    You're right, my fault, I was too quick. Seems that 64bit is not on the list
    so far.
    Give it another few days and it will be available.
    As I read all the posts here, I don't need google, I didn't try myself.
    Sorry for that

    Cheers

    Christian Hougardy, Jun 2, 2005
  15. =?Utf-8?B?TWFyY3Vz?=

    Ron Bogart Guest

    In news:%,
    Christian Hougardy <> did some thinking and came
    up with these words:

    > You're right, my fault, I was too quick. Seems that 64bit is not on
    > the list so far.
    > Give it another few days and it will be available.
    > As I read all the posts here, I don't need google, I didn't try
    > myself. Sorry for that
    >
    > Cheers

    Thanks - I thought I was going crazy (as if I didn't have a permanent adress
    there anyway). lol

    Ron Bogart, Jun 2, 2005
  16. It takes a little time to up load to the web especially with the 64 bit
    newsgroup being new.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 2, 2005
  17. =?Utf-8?B?TWFyY3Vz?=

    Ron Bogart Guest

    In news:OFEg$,
    Andre Da Costa [Extended64] <> did some thinking and
    came up with these words:
    > It takes a little time to up load to the web especially with the 64
    > bit newsgroup being new.
    >
    > "Ron Bogart" <> wrote in message
    >> In news:%,
    >> Christian Hougardy <> did some thinking
    >> and came up with these words:
    >>>
    >>> You're right, my fault, I was too quick. Seems that 64bit is not on
    >>> the list so far.
    >>> Give it another few days and it will be available.
    >>> As I read all the posts here, I don't need google, I didn't try
    >>> myself. Sorry for that
    >>>
    >>> Cheers

    >> Thanks - I thought I was going crazy (as if I didn't have a permanent
    >> address there anyway). lol
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ron Bogart {} ô¿ô¬

    Nearly 2 months??? Guess since it isn't an income producer - it isn't
    priority - that is understandable.

    Ron Bogart, Jun 2, 2005
  18. Its not nearly too months, the newsgroup opened up the 26th of April, so
    give it until probably August until they index the newsgroup.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 2, 2005