Trouble installing Windows 2000

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Dennis Blackwell, May 24, 2004.

  1. My Buddy sent me this e-mail, is there anyone who can help solve the
    problem!

    Doing the "Performing Final Task" phase of the install,when it reaches
    the section where it says "upgrades program and system setting. I get an
    error message that says "Setup encountered an error while creating an
    account for "K.C. Jones Jr." This user setting will be lost. Be mindful
    that before the setup began "K.C. Jones Jr" was "K.C. Jones_,_ Jr."
    During the prescan the program made this change, saying that characters
    used in this line would cause some other function to occur.So it change
    the line to "K.C. Jones Jr." without the comma between the _s _and _J_.
    So when the program gets to this point it stops. Well, it does not
    progress pass this point. I click ok on the message screen and I at
    first thought it had locked up. But leaving it alone, I see that it is
    just stuck like in a loop. I left it at that point for several minutes
    and the error message re-appears.

    After several attempts it would go back to what look like it loading
    but nothing happens. It did shut down and restated the installation
    again.(????) I'm lost. what is my next course of action, do I re format
    and start over? help.

    This machine is a pentium3 running at 1000 Mghz. with 250 Mgb of ram.
    This on an ASUS -CUV4X-E mother board. It has two 10gig. Hard drives. I
    was loading Win2000 over Win98.

    Dennis Blackwell, May 24, 2004