Trouble installing software for USB adapters on Windows ME

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?U2hhbm5vbg==?=, Jan 19, 2006.

  1. I am trying to install a Belkin wireless USB adapter onto Windows ME and I
    have previously tried to install an Intellilink USB adapter. I get the same
    problem with each installation of the drivers & software.

    Each time I try to install it constantly comes up with error messages about
    ..rra files that cannot be created. It does this about 50% through the
    installation.

    The files that won't install on the Belkin F5D7050 USB Adapter are:
    GTW3be08.rra
    GTNDfa7f.rra
    GTND3b35.rra
    GTW3bb49.rra

    After the last file comes up with an error message, the entire installation
    process stops. Is there any way to get these rra files to create and stop
    bringining up error messages?

    I've tried Belkin support but they insist that it's a Windows problem.

    Thanks in advance!

    =?Utf-8?B?U2hhbm5vbg==?=, Jan 19, 2006

  2. Hi

    There is something in Belkin's claim that it is beyond logic.

    If Belkin's programmers have to write Drivers for WinME, and what they wrote
    does work correctly, it means that they did not write it well. How can it be
    Windows fault?

    In any case look for the manufacturer of the Card's Chipset, they usually
    provide reference drivers that might work.

    I am not sure but it might be this, http://www.ralinktech.com/supp-1.htm

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jan 20, 2006