Trouble copying iPod library across network

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by news.rcn.com, Jul 30, 2005.

  1. news.rcn.com

    news.rcn.com Guest

    I have set up a network with Macs and PCs in it

    I successfully copied my itunes library from the PC to the Mac. It worked on
    the Mac thereafter.

    The PC's CD stopped working and then I started needing to put CDs on my iPod
    so I put them on the Mac

    Now I need to copy the library from the Mac to the PC. I have successfully
    copied all the extra files to my MyMusic directory but when I came to copy
    the recordings themselves, all I get is an error message telling me that
    there isn't enough space available on the PC

    So I tried copying only a part of the library onto the PC with the intention
    of copying the rest in stages

    But all I get is a few files copied and then an error message on the Mac
    telling me that there isn't enough space on the PC. When I check windows
    explorer, I find that there is nearly 4 gig of space on the PC. Anyone come
    across this problem before?

    news.rcn.com, Jul 30, 2005