    new laptop to it. The network shows up. I put in my password and it just
    shows 'Acquiring Network Connction' forever. Any suggestions? It is a
    compaq presario laptop.
    =?Utf-8?B?bW9tb2Nhcmx5?=, Oct 7, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?bW9tb2Nhcmx5?=

    Lem Guest

    momocarly wrote:
    > I have an existing wireless network working well. I'm trying to connect a
    > new laptop to it. The network shows up. I put in my password and it just
    > shows 'Acquiring Network Connction' forever. Any suggestions? It is a
    > compaq presario laptop.

    What flavor of encryption are you using? If it's WEB (is should be WPA
    or WPA2), you have to enter the hex encryption key, not the password you
    used in the router to create the encryption key.

    If that's not the problem, try temporarily disabling all encryption on
    your router (note the current settings so you can restore it to the same
    state -- otherwise your other wireless devices won't connect) and see if
    your new laptop can connect then. If you still can't connect after you
    disable encryption, we'll have to dig deeper.

    --
    Lem -- MS-MVP

    Lem, Oct 7, 2006

  3. Hi