    I thought it may be a codec problem so I thought musicmatch jukebox (now
    yahoo player) to try this.. but this player doesnt like the tracks either .

    how do I burn this ??

    tomm, Sep 16, 2007

  2. tomm

    meerkat Guest

    "tomm" <> wrote in message
    news:00ec3ab5$0$2002$...
    >I have downloaded 3 versions of an album but it always fails in nero
    >to burn the tracks.
    >
    > I tried to get media player 11 to do the job but it has a cross at
    > the side of each track saying
    > "The file you are attempting to play has an extension (.mp3) that
    > does not match the file format.
    > Playing the file may result in unexpected behaviour." and it wont
    > even let me get as far as trying to burn a cd.
    >
    > I thought it may be a codec problem so I thought musicmatch jukebox
    > (now yahoo player) to try this.. but this player doesnt like the
    > tracks either .
    >
    > how do I burn this ??

    First you`ve got to find out if the file is a .zip file, a .RAR file,
    an .ISO
    file.
    D/loaded files are often compressed to make for easier/quicker
    D/loading.
    Rt/click on the file, and do a properties.

    Of course that is After you`ve scanned it for Malware !!.

    meerkat, Sep 16, 2007

  3. tomm

    tomm Guest

    "meerkat" <> wrote in message

    > "tomm" <> wrote in message
    >>I have downloaded 3 versions of an album but it always fails in nero to
    >>burn the tracks.
    >>
    >> I tried to get media player 11 to do the job but it has a cross at the
    >> side of each track saying
    >> "The file you are attempting to play has an extension (.mp3) that does
    >> not match the file format.
    >> Playing the file may result in unexpected behaviour." and it wont even
    >> let me get as far as trying to burn a cd.
    >>
    >> I thought it may be a codec problem so I thought musicmatch jukebox (now
    >> yahoo player) to try this.. but this player doesnt like the tracks either
    >> .
    >>
    >> how do I burn this ??

    > First you`ve got to find out if the file is a .zip file, a .RAR file, an
    > .ISO
    > file.
    > D/loaded files are often compressed to make for easier/quicker D/loading.
    > Rt/click on the file, and do a properties.
    >
    > Of course that is After you`ve scanned it for Malware !!.

    it`s file type is MP3 format sound

    tomm, Sep 16, 2007
  4. tomm

    meerkat Guest

    "tomm" <> wrote in message

    > "meerkat" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "tomm" <> wrote in message
    >>>I have downloaded 3 versions of an album but it always fails in
    >>>nero to burn the tracks.
    >>>
    >>> I tried to get media player 11 to do the job but it has a cross
    >>> at the side of each track saying
    >>> "The file you are attempting to play has an extension (.mp3) that
    >>> does not match the file format.
    >>> Playing the file may result in unexpected behaviour." and it
    >>> wont even let me get as far as trying to burn a cd.
    >>>
    >>> I thought it may be a codec problem so I thought musicmatch
    >>> jukebox (now yahoo player) to try this.. but this player doesnt
    >>> like the tracks either .
    >>>
    >>> how do I burn this ??

    >> First you`ve got to find out if the file is a .zip file, a .RAR
    >> file, an .ISO
    >> file.
    >> D/loaded files are often compressed to make for easier/quicker
    >> D/loading.
    >> Rt/click on the file, and do a properties.
    >>
    >> Of course that is After you`ve scanned it for Malware !!.
    >>

    > it`s file type is MP3 format sound

    Are we talking about a folder with loads of mp3s in ?.
    An album when d/loaded, is as I said, a collection of songs
    compressed .
    An album is not normally a `mp3 file`.

    meerkat, Sep 16, 2007
  5. On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 20:08:09 +0100, tomm wrote:

    > I have downloaded 3 versions of an album but it always fails in nero to burn
    > the tracks.
    >
    > I tried to get media player 11 to do the job but it has a cross at the
    > side of each track saying
    > "The file you are attempting to play has an extension (.mp3) that does not
    > match the file format.
    > Playing the file may result in unexpected behaviour." and it wont even
    > let me get as far as trying to burn a cd.
    >
    > I thought it may be a codec problem so I thought musicmatch jukebox (now
    > yahoo player) to try this.. but this player doesnt like the tracks either .
    >
    > how do I burn this ??

    If the files are MP3 they will have to be encoded back to WAV then burned
    to CDA.

    Fjiluk The Hogfish-Beater, Sep 16, 2007
  6. tomm

    ded Guest

    "tomm" <> wrote in message
    >I have downloaded 3 versions of an album but it always fails in nero to
    >burn the tracks.
    >
    > I tried to get media player 11 to do the job but it has a cross at the
    > side of each track saying
    > "The file you are attempting to play has an extension (.mp3) that does not
    > match the file format.
    > Playing the file may result in unexpected behaviour." and it wont even
    > let me get as far as trying to burn a cd.
    >
    > I thought it may be a codec problem so I thought musicmatch jukebox (now
    > yahoo player) to try this.. but this player doesnt like the tracks either
    > .
    >
    > how do I burn this ??

    MP3 is technically not an audio file, but a data file type.
    WMP cannot convert/burn "on-the-fly" an MP3 to CD.
    If your intention is to burn a disk with MP3 content for playback on
    a standalone DVD player that *specifically* states it can playback
    MP3 material. Then use your burning software to compose a *data* disk.

    ded, Sep 16, 2007
  7. tomm

    dadiOH Guest

    tomm wrote:
    > "meerkat" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "tomm" <> wrote in message
    >>> I have downloaded 3 versions of an album but it always fails in
    >>> nero to burn the tracks.
    >>>
    >>> I tried to get media player 11 to do the job but it has a cross
    >>> at the side of each track saying
    >>> "The file you are attempting to play has an extension (.mp3) that
    >>> does not match the file format.
    >>> Playing the file may result in unexpected behaviour." and it
    >>> wont even let me get as far as trying to burn a cd.
    >>>
    >>> I thought it may be a codec problem so I thought musicmatch
    >>> jukebox (now yahoo player) to try this.. but this player doesnt
    >>> like the tracks either .
    >>>
    >>> how do I burn this ??

    >> First you`ve got to find out if the file is a .zip file, a .RAR
    >> file, an .ISO
    >> file.
    >> D/loaded files are often compressed to make for easier/quicker
    >> D/loading. Rt/click on the file, and do a properties.
    >>
    >> Of course that is After you`ve scanned it for Malware !!.
    >>

    > it`s file type is MP3 format sound

    That's not what Nero says...

    >>> "The file you are attempting to play has an extension (.mp3) that
    >>> does not match the file format.

    Can you play the file? With what?

    --

    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    dadiOH, Sep 16, 2007
  8. tomm

    tomm Guest

    "dadiOH" <> wrote in message
    > tomm wrote:
    >> "meerkat" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "tomm" <> wrote in message

    >>> First you`ve got to find out if the file is a .zip file, a .RAR
    >>> file, an .ISO
    >>> file.
    >>> D/loaded files are often compressed to make for easier/quicker
    >>> D/loading. Rt/click on the file, and do a properties.
    >>>
    >>> Of course that is After you`ve scanned it for Malware !!.
    >>>

    >> it`s file type is MP3 format sound

    > That's not what Nero says...

    > Can you play the file? With what?
    >
    > --

    yes can play ok .. no problem windows media player 11. just cant burn them
    onto cd

    tomm, Sep 16, 2007
  9. tomm

    chuckcar Guest

    "tomm" <> wrote in

    > I have downloaded 3 versions of an album but it always fails in nero
    > to burn the tracks.
    >
    > I tried to get media player 11 to do the job but it has a cross at
    > the
    > side of each track saying
    > "The file you are attempting to play has an extension (.mp3) that
    > does not
    > match the file format.
    > Playing the file may result in unexpected behaviour." and it wont
    > even let me get as far as trying to burn a cd.
    >
    > I thought it may be a codec problem so I thought musicmatch jukebox
    > (now
    > yahoo player) to try this.. but this player doesnt like the tracks
    > either .
    >
    > how do I burn this ??

    You're trying to create a music CD right? *wrong* You want to create a
    *data* cd with the mp3 files as files on the disk. A music CD is a
    completely different animal with no file system and music stored as raw
    data.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Sep 17, 2007
  10. tomm

    who'sthat Guest

    On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 22:03:42 +0100, "tomm"
    <> wrote:

    >"dadiOH" <> wrote in message
    >> tomm wrote:
    >>> "meerkat" <> wrote in message

    >>> it`s file type is MP3 format sound

    >> That's not what Nero says...

    >> Can you play the file? With what?
    >>
    >> --

    >yes can play ok .. no problem windows media player 11. just cant burn them
    >onto cd

    Are they read-only? If it's trying to perform volume leveling it can't
    because they're protected.

    who'sthat, Sep 17, 2007
  11. tomm

    Mitch Guest

    In article <>, Fjiluk The Hogfish-Beater
    <> wrote:

    > If the files are MP3 they will have to be encoded back to WAV then burned
    > to CDA.

    Original CD tracks are not WAV, they are AIFF.
    Most CD-burning programs will perform the conversion on the fly; I
    doubt any but the stuff included with Windows would have trouble.

    Mitch, Sep 18, 2007