Trouble Burning CD/DVD

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Gabbyguy, Nov 16, 2006.

  1. Gabbyguy

    Gabbyguy Guest

    I am trying to burn video cd/dvd that will play on my stand alone CD/DVD
    player (Symthomic WF104)
    but no matter what I do, they won't play. Get the message "Playback Feature
    May Not
    Be On This Disk."

    I'm using NERO software and the drive is LITE-ON COMBO SOHC-5236K.
    The burn is good on the computer. Just will not play on the CD/DVD Player.
    I've tried everything I can think of, including converting AVI to MPEG2
    (Which the Player should play)

    Both Nero and Lite-on support have been of no help. Nor has numerous Google
    searches.

    Any advice or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

    --------------------
    Wake Up Amercia

    Gabbyguy, Nov 16, 2006

  2. Gabbyguy

    Robert Baer Guest

    Gabbyguy wrote:

    > I am trying to burn video cd/dvd that will play on my stand alone CD/DVD
    > player (Symthomic WF104)
    > but no matter what I do, they won't play. Get the message "Playback Feature
    > May Not
    > Be On This Disk."
    >
    > I'm using NERO software and the drive is LITE-ON COMBO SOHC-5236K.
    > The burn is good on the computer. Just will not play on the CD/DVD Player.
    > I've tried everything I can think of, including converting AVI to MPEG2
    > (Which the Player should play)
    >
    > Both Nero and Lite-on support have been of no help. Nor has numerous Google
    > searches.
    >
    > Any advice or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    >

    > --------------------
    > Wake Up Amercia

    I have found that older CD drives cannot read "burned" disks, and the
    reason is that the surface is not silver like a factory disk.
    Maybe there is a similar problem with DVD players.
    Take the disk to a store and try it out on a newer drive / player.

    Robert Baer, Nov 17, 2006

  3. Gabbyguy

    Gabbyguy Guest

    Thanx Robert,
    I'll give it a try.

    Gabbyguy, Nov 17, 2006
  4. Gabbyguy

    Brian Guest

    Make sure you are copying the UDF file reader on the disk when burning. This
    may help a standalone player see the disk. Sometimes using UDF 2.0 instead
    of 1.5 can help as well for DVD. You should be able to find this option
    under settings in the burner software

    Brian, Nov 18, 2006
  5. Gabbyguy

    Gabbyguy Guest

    Re: Trouble Burning CD/DVD (Brian]

    > Make sure you are copying the UDF file reader on the disk when burning.
    This
    > may help a standalone player see the disk. Sometimes using UDF 2.0 instead
    > of 1.5 can help as well for DVD. You should be able to find this option
    > under settings in the burner software

    Thank you Brian. I can't find anything about UDF in the Nero software.
    I'll try Google.

    Wake Up Amercia

    Gabbyguy, Nov 18, 2006