    http://www.askmarvin.ca/forums/index.php?showtopic=1696

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;870700
    http://www.duxcw.com/faq/win/xp/secure.htm
    Cynthia Nollner, Oct 20, 2004

  2. Cynthia,

    Theres a few things I want you to check, first off do Help, About in
    Internet Explorer, what does it say the version of IE your using
    (6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)

    And what does the Cipher Strength read? (128-bit)

    Also in Tools, Options, Advanced Tab,
    is Use SSL 2.0, Use SSL 3.0 checked?

    Does adding your banks site to Trusted Sites Zone in IE seem to fix the
    problem?

    Also try, Tools, Options, Security, Content, click the Clear SSL State
    button.

    If none of that helped its possible some DLL files associated with Internet
    Explorer are not correctly registered.

    Try going to Start, Run, and type in
    "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" /rereg

    If that doesnt help, you can run the System File Checker.
    Start, Run, sfc /scannow

    If System File Checker asks for your XP cd, insert it, as a system file is
    missing.

    I hope something here helps you.

    -L

    Locke Nash Cole, Oct 20, 2004

  3. Thanks for your response... I have done all this.. repeatedly... no joy.
    :eek:) The only way to access SSL websites using IE , is to go thru Safe Mode/
    Networking.. to contact. Not fun to have to do that with a load of sites.
    So Downloaded Netscape this morning.. buzzed thru all sites with no
    problems. I guess that I will cry UNCLE, with IE. I just want to be able
    to get to my SSL sites.. fast and using Safe Mode isn't it! :eek:) Still can
    use it for other stuff. So Netscape, for SSL from now on!

    Cynthia

    Cynthia Nollner, Oct 23, 2004
  4. May I suggest Firefox instead of Netscape?

    http://www.mozilla.org/

    Its less bloated and runs faster than Netscape. (its based on netscape
    even..)

    Locke Nash Cole, Oct 23, 2004
  5. :) I have both installed... not going to depend on just 1 anymore.

    Cynthia Nollner, Oct 23, 2004