    part in the discussion, or at least to vote on the fourth RFD when a
    Call for Votes (CFV) is posted.

    - - Bob McClenon
    Robert McClenon, Sep 10, 2004

  2. Robert McClenon

    Steve Young Guest

    "Robert McClenon" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I am not a photographer. I have not posted to this group in the past.

    > There have been four Usenet Requests for Discussion (RFDs) posted
    > recommending creation of new groups within the rec.photo.digital
    > hierarchy. The fourth RFD appears to me to be the best of them. It
    > would create four new groups, for four different types of digital
    > photo systems.
    >
    > There is a massive attempt by one, two, or maybe three Usenet trolls
    > to disrupt the discussion and voting process. The troll is posting
    > from various addresses, including . Anything
    > posted from that address is not from the real Guy Macon (who is among
    > other things a real astrophotographer).
    >
    > Please pay as little attention as you can to the trolls. However, if
    > you would like to have this group split into multiple groups to reduce
    > the off-topic traffic and flaming and trolling, please be sure to take
    > part in the discussion, or at least to vote on the fourth RFD when a
    > Call for Votes (CFV) is posted.
    >
    > - - Bob McClenon

    Oh I plan to vote

    so does my family :)
    Steve Young, Sep 10, 2004

  3. discussion and voting process? (was: Re: Trolls and Groups)

    Refresh my memory. Where does the RFD take place, here? Also, where does
    the vote take place (when its called for)?

    I took part in voting on different groups in the past, but its been a
    LONG LONG time ago and don't remember the process.

    Robert
    --------------

    Robert Marshall, Sep 11, 2004
  4. Robert McClenon

    Jeremy Nixon Guest

    Re: discussion and voting process? (was: Re: Trolls and Groups)

    Robert Marshall <> wrote:

    > Refresh my memory. Where does the RFD take place, here? Also, where does
    > the vote take place (when its called for)?

    Both will be in news.groups. The RFDs were crossposted here, as was some
    of the ensuing discussion. The CFV, when posted, will be crossposted here
    as well.

    --
    Jeremy |
    Jeremy Nixon, Sep 11, 2004
  5. Robert McClenon

    Guest

    Kibo informs me that Robert McClenon <>
    stated that:

    >Please pay as little attention as you can to the trolls. However, if
    >you would like to have this group split into multiple groups to reduce
    >the off-topic traffic and flaming and trolling, please be sure to take
    >part in the discussion, or at least to vote on the fourth RFD when a
    >Call for Votes (CFV) is posted.

    Just to clarify Robert's comment, when he said: "group split into
    multiple groups", he didn't mean that this group will go away - the new
    groups are in addition to this one.

    , Sep 12, 2004