Troll warnings

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jul 2, 2007.

  1. In message <1183289803.854593@ftpsrv1>, *sling wrote:

    > The Windows user has real freedom compared to the poor twisted and bitter
    > Linux user you can't do anything else but grizzle about Windows day in and
    > day out.

    And yet you look at the Windows Vista users, and they're the ones
    complaining the most about things that don't work--apps that won't run,
    hardware without proper drivers, all that.

    The amount of software and hardware that works properly under Vista is
    pathetically small compared to what Linux offers.

    And another thing: why is it that none of the pro-Dimdows folks in this
    newsgroup is willing to use their real name? And yet at the same time, they
    are so fond of perpetrating ad-hominem attacks. Don't you find that just
    the least bit hypocritical?
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jul 2, 2007

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Fred Dagg Guest

    On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 12:42:01 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
    <_zealand> exclaimed:

    Subject: Troll warnings

    Nice of you to warn before you troll, but possibly better if you just
    stopped fucking trolling, moron.
    Fred Dagg, Jul 2, 2007

  3. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    E. Scrooge Guest

    Advertising the truth about the contents of your posts for once. One of the
    first times that you've actually been honest, Troll.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Jul 2, 2007
  4. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    thingy Guest

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    > In message <1183289803.854593@ftpsrv1>, *sling wrote:
    >
    >> The Windows user has real freedom compared to the poor twisted and bitter
    >> Linux user you can't do anything else but grizzle about Windows day in and
    >> day out.

    > And yet you look at the Windows Vista users, and they're the ones
    > complaining the most about things that don't work--apps that won't run,
    > hardware without proper drivers, all that.
    >
    > The amount of software and hardware that works properly under Vista is
    > pathetically small compared to what Linux offers.

    Only recently did RHat with AS5 automatically detect my 6600GT Nvidia
    card (AS3 and 4 never did). I just ordered an ATI 1950 Pro so sucks to
    be me I bet. So Vista is not alone....and yes I think its quality sucks
    and compared to what you get to what features were promised I would not
    buy it.....lets face it I have only just got XP and only because games I
    want are only on XP.......so Vista for me is 3 years+ away.....it will
    probably work fine by then and be a reasonable price....$800 for an OS
    is just stupid....$200 for OSX is reasonable....

    > And another thing: why is it that none of the pro-Dimdows folks in this
    > newsgroup is willing to use their real name? And yet at the same time, they
    > are so fond of perpetrating ad-hominem attacks. Don't you find that just
    > the least bit hypocritical?

    No,

    There are nutters like Red biter and worse....protecting yourself from a
    drive by loon / stalker seems prudent....

    I dont worry about names but what is posted....if it is not rational,
    ignore it....

    regards

    Thing
    thingy, Jul 2, 2007