troll post - just wondering what woger has to say about this

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by cowboyz, Feb 24, 2004.

  1. cowboyz

    cowboyz Guest

    Slowest Athlon 64 humbles fastest P4 in gaming

    And for around $150 less at the checkout

    By Mario Rodrigues: Monday 15 December 2003, 14:40

    GERMAN HARDWARE Web site Hard Tecs 4U has published one of the first reviews
    of the AMD Athlon 64 3000+ processor.
    This new model runs at the same 2 GHz frequency as the flagship product, but
    does so with 512 KB of level two cache, which is half of what the 3200+
    model has. Cheapest Price Watch price has it for $214, which is $156 less
    than the $370 3.2 GHz P4

    As you can see, Athlon 64 won eight of the nine benchmarks, and one of them
    by 27%. For those who need superior gaming performance than a 3.2 GHz P4,
    but at less cost, these benchmarks indicate that the Athlon 64 3000+ is the
    way to go.

    http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=13187
    cowboyz, Feb 24, 2004

  2. cowboyz

    Chris Guest

    "cowboyz" <> wrote in news:c1g84c$f7g$:

    > Slowest Athlon 64 humbles fastest P4 in gaming
    >

    > And for around $150 less at the checkout
    >

    > By Mario Rodrigues: Monday 15 December 2003, 14:40
    >
    > GERMAN HARDWARE Web site Hard Tecs 4U has published one of the first
    > reviews of the AMD Athlon 64 3000+ processor.
    > This new model runs at the same 2 GHz frequency as the flagship
    > product, but does so with 512 KB of level two cache, which is half of
    > what the 3200+ model has. Cheapest Price Watch price has it for $214,
    > which is $156 less than the $370 3.2 GHz P4
    >
    > As you can see, Athlon 64 won eight of the nine benchmarks, and one of
    > them by 27%. For those who need superior gaming performance than a 3.2
    > GHz P4, but at less cost, these benchmarks indicate that the Athlon 64
    > 3000+ is the way to go.
    >

    > http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=13187

    He will probably say "Have you tested this..? If not then shut up.."

    --
    Chris

    Chris, Feb 24, 2004

  3. cowboyz wrote:
    > Slowest Athlon 64 humbles fastest P4 in gaming
    > And for around $150 less at the checkout

    It wont mean a thing to him, he wont "get it".

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://Dave.net.nz
    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz, Feb 24, 2004
  4. cowboyz

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "cowboyz" <> wrote in message
    > Slowest Athlon 64 humbles fastest P4 in gaming

    They overheat and go on fire after about 2 years use, but it only happens in
    the month of April for some reason. ;-)

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Feb 24, 2004
  5. cowboyz

    Rider Guest

    "cowboyz" <> wrote in message
    > Slowest Athlon 64 humbles fastest P4 in gaming
    >

    > And for around $150 less at the checkout
    >

    > By Mario Rodrigues: Monday 15 December 2003, 14:40
    >
    > GERMAN HARDWARE Web site Hard Tecs 4U has published one of the first

    reviews
    > of the AMD Athlon 64 3000+ processor.
    > This new model runs at the same 2 GHz frequency as the flagship product,

    but
    > does so with 512 KB of level two cache, which is half of what the 3200+
    > model has. Cheapest Price Watch price has it for $214, which is $156 less
    > than the $370 3.2 GHz P4
    >
    > As you can see, Athlon 64 won eight of the nine benchmarks, and one of

    them
    > by 27%. For those who need superior gaming performance than a 3.2 GHz P4,
    > but at less cost, these benchmarks indicate that the Athlon 64 3000+ is

    the
    > way to go.
    >

    > http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=13187

    Well, something like that LOL

    Rider
    Rider, Feb 24, 2004
  6. -------snip--------------------

    > Well, something like that LOL
    >
    > Rider

    you mean...

    go bicK too you're PLAystation little BOY

    :)

    Russell
    Russell Smithies, Feb 24, 2004
  7. cowboyz

    cowboyz Guest

    "Russell Smithies" <> wrote in message
    > -------snip--------------------

    > > Well, something like that LOL
    > >
    > > Rider

    > you mean...
    >
    > go bicK too you're PLAystation little BOY
    >

    > :)
    >
    > Russell

    aaawwwwwwwwwwwww I don't have a playstation. Can you buy me one?
    cowboyz, Feb 24, 2004
  8. cowboyz

    Fuel Guest

    On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 10:20:06 +1300, "Russell Smithies"
    <> scribbled:

    >-------snip--------------------

    >> Well, something like that LOL
    >>
    >> Rider

    >you mean...
    >
    >go bicK too you're PLAystation little BOY

    No it's:

    Fuel, Feb 24, 2004
  9. cowboyz

    Lebowski Guest

    "cowboyz" <> wrote in message
    > Slowest Athlon 64 humbles fastest P4 in gaming
    >

    > And for around $150 less at the checkout
    >

    > By Mario Rodrigues: Monday 15 December 2003, 14:40
    >
    > GERMAN HARDWARE Web site Hard Tecs 4U has published one of the first

    reviews
    > of the AMD Athlon 64 3000+ processor.
    > This new model runs at the same 2 GHz frequency as the flagship product,

    but
    > does so with 512 KB of level two cache, which is half of what the 3200+
    > model has. Cheapest Price Watch price has it for $214, which is $156 less
    > than the $370 3.2 GHz P4
    >
    > As you can see, Athlon 64 won eight of the nine benchmarks, and one of

    them
    > by 27%. For those who need superior gaming performance than a 3.2 GHz P4,
    > but at less cost, these benchmarks indicate that the Athlon 64 3000+ is

    the
    > way to go.
    >

    > http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=13187

    It would be something like:

    I do not play with Toys.

    Or-

    Intel are favoured by big corporations, AMD are Utter Crap..

    Or-

    10 Reviews tell me this is Crap

    Or-

    Ok, I admit it. In terms of gaming, framerates are significantly faster with
    a 2GHz Athlon 64 3000+ than a 3.2GHz Pentium 4, in some cases by a
    significant 27 percent. The framerates say it all:

    3D Mark 2K1 @ 640x480
    Athlon 64 3000+ - 21,075
    P4 3.2 GHz - 19,382
    Athlon 64 won by 8.7%

    3D Mark 2K1 @ 1024x768
    Athlon 64 3000+ - 18,924
    P4 3.2 GHz - 17,587
    Athlon 64 won by 7.6%

    Comanche 4 @ 1024x768
    Athlon 64 3000+ - 60.63
    P4 3.2 GHz - 62.46
    P4 won by 3.0%

    Quake 3 @ 640x480
    Athlon 64 3000+ - 462.2
    P4 3.2 GHz - 454.6
    Athlon 64 won by 1.7%

    Quake 3 @ 1024x768
    Athlon 64 3000+ - 389.0
    P4 3.2 GHz - 370.2
    Athlon 64 won by 5.1%

    Serious Sam @ 640x480
    Athlon 64 3000+ - 248.6
    P4 3.2 GHz - 195.4
    Athlon 64 won by 27.2%

    Serious Sam @ 1024x768
    Athlon 64 3000+ - 161.2
    P4 3.2 GHz - 134.6
    Athlon 64 won by 19.8%

    Return to Castle Wolfenstein @ 1024x768
    Athlon 64 3000+ - 139.3
    P4 3.2 GHz - 138.0
    Athlon 64 won by 0.94%

    Unreal Tournament 2K3 @ 1024x768
    Athlon 64 3000+ - 71.28
    P4 3.2 GHz - 60.89
    Athlon 64 won by 17.1%

    :)))))
    Lebowski, Feb 25, 2004
  10. cowboyz

    L33T Guest

    lol

    you forgot to add "facts are facts" !
    L33T, Feb 25, 2004
  11. cowboyz

    Damon Nomad Guest

    On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 19:40:45 +1300, "L33T"
    <> wrote:

    >lol
    >
    >you forgot to add "facts are facts" !

    Nope, you forgot the random capitilisation and trailing punctuation
    marks.

    Damon Nomad, Feb 27, 2004