troll:maths on a mac

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Dave - Dave.net.nz, Sep 20, 2004.

  1. Dave - Dave.net.nz, Sep 20, 2004

  2. It seems like Tue, 21 Sep 2004 08:06:48 +1200 was when "Dave -
    Dave.net.nz" <dave@no_spam_here_dave.net.nz> said Blah blah blah...

    >http://apple.weblogsinc.com/entry/1883456244611879/
    >
    >oops...

    Do you read weblogs much? Do you have a weblog? I read that weblogs
    are becoming the new bandwidth hog in enterprises (see Microsoft
    screwing down on their developers blogs, then unscrewing slightly),
    but I guess for me personally, it's something that's kind of happened
    behind my back and taken me off guard with it's popularity. Where was
    I when weblogs were becoming popular? I was going to give you a
    prediction of what I thought would be the next big thing on the
    internet, but I'm not too sure. Perhaps gaming with tighter
    xbox-playstation-pc integration?
    --
    Regards,
    Waylon Kenning.

    1st Year B.I.T. WelTec

    Waylon Kenning, Sep 20, 2004

  3. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Bruce Hoult Guest

    In article <>,
    "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <dave@no_spam_here_dave.net.nz> wrote:

    > http://apple.weblogsinc.com/entry/1883456244611879/
    >
    > oops...

    Are you crazy?

    You'll get that same result on any binary computer ever made. And
    that's all of them since the 1950s.

    --
    Bruce | 41.1670S | \ spoken | -+-

    Bruce Hoult, Sep 20, 2004
  4. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Harry Guest

    Bruce Hoult wrote:

    > In article <>,
    > "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <dave@no_spam_here_dave.net.nz> wrote:
    >
    >> http://apple.weblogsinc.com/entry/1883456244611879/
    >>
    >> oops...

    > Are you crazy?
    >
    > You'll get that same result on any binary computer ever made. And
    > that's all of them since the 1950s.

    Rubbish. Windows calculator doesn't do that.
    None of my many Casio handheld calculators do that.
    On Unix bc/dc does not do that.
    On Unix/Windows a C/C++ program doesn't do that.
    Perl/awk/etc don't do that.

    Harry, Sep 20, 2004
  5. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Harry Guest

    Waylon Kenning wrote:

    > It seems like Tue, 21 Sep 2004 08:06:48 +1200 was when "Dave -
    > Dave.net.nz" <dave@no_spam_here_dave.net.nz> said Blah blah blah...
    >
    >>http://apple.weblogsinc.com/entry/1883456244611879/
    >>
    >>oops...

    > Do you read weblogs much? Do you have a weblog? I read that weblogs
    > are becoming the new bandwidth hog in enterprises (see Microsoft
    > screwing down on their developers blogs, then unscrewing slightly),
    > but I guess for me personally, it's something that's kind of happened
    > behind my back and taken me off guard with it's popularity. Where was
    > I when weblogs were becoming popular? I was going to give you a
    > prediction of what I thought would be the next big thing on the
    > internet, but I'm not too sure. Perhaps gaming with tighter
    > xbox-playstation-pc integration?

    Do you think that the F1 teams will have weblogs in their cars?

    Which reminds me, I was driving down town the other day and I saw
    this dead cat lying in the gutter. Extraordinary that we pay rates and
    have to put up with that sort of thing!

    Harry, Sep 20, 2004
  6. Dave - Dave.net.nz, Sep 20, 2004
  7. It seems like Tue, 21 Sep 2004 10:08:25 +1200 was when Harry
    <> said Blah blah blah...

    >Do you think that the F1 teams will have weblogs in their cars?

    It wouldn't surprise me if people we creating weblogs from their
    cellphones in the near future, little txt ones. However, there needs
    to be a better way of entering text before that happens, I really
    liked the old Nokia 5510s, with their thumb keyboards. With that phone
    I could easily text as fast as someone with T3 or Tegic text
    prediction on.

    >Which reminds me, I was driving down town the other day and I saw
    >this dead cat lying in the gutter. Extraordinary that we pay rates and
    >have to put up with that sort of thing!

    Which leads me to a good idea, what if councils had text numbers, like
    radio stations, so just text in a fault for a quicker response. I
    guess everyone would have to remember their council number first or
    something for ID, or register their phone with the service.
    --
    Regards,
    Waylon Kenning.

    1st Year B.I.T. WelTec

    Waylon Kenning, Sep 21, 2004
  8. In article <>,
    Waylon Kenning <> wrote:

    >Do you read weblogs much? Do you have a weblog?

    Is it true that "weblog" comes from the words "we blog" run together?

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Sep 21, 2004
  9. Waylon Kenning wrote:
    > However, there needs
    > to be a better way of entering text before that happens, I really
    > liked the old Nokia 5510s, with their thumb keyboards. With that phone
    > I could easily text as fast as someone with T3 or Tegic text
    > prediction on.

    I find it fine, I can "type" ~30 WPM on my nokia using predictive text.

    > Which leads me to a good idea, what if councils had text numbers, like
    > radio stations, so just text in a fault for a quicker response. I
    > guess everyone would have to remember their council number first or
    > something for ID, or register their phone with the service.

    The DCC has web ones.

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Sep 21, 2004
  10. Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    >>Do you read weblogs much? Do you have a weblog?

    > Is it true that "weblog" comes from the words "we blog" run together?

    I thought it was from "web log" run together... as in it is someones
    personal log on the web.

    to answer Lawerence... only one, and it is stopping.
    A UK errr, "lady of the night", very addictive, and funny.

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Sep 21, 2004