    Subject: A Trojan horse is on your PC
    Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 11:50:27 -0500 (EST)

    hi, I am from Belgium and you'll don't believe me,
    but a trojan horse in on your pc.
    I've scanned the network-ports on the internet. (I know, that's
    illegal)
    And I have found your pc. Your pc is open on the internet for
    everybody!
    Because the smss.exe trojan is running on your system.
    Check this, open the task manager and try to stop that!
    You'll see, you can't stop this trojan.
    When you use win98/me you can't see the trojan!!

    On my system was this trojan, too!
    And I've found a tool to kill that bad thing.
    I hope that I've helped you!

    greets

    </bullshit>

    <google info>
    smss - smss.exe - Process Information
    Process File: smss or smss.exe
    Process Name: Session Manager Subsystem
    sessions or client sessions under Terminal Server.
    Company: Microsoft Corp.
    System Process: Yes
    Security Risk ( Virus/Trojan/Worm/Adware/Spyware ): No
    </google info>

    But why I ask myself am I running a program for terminal services ?

    I have no idea what was in the attachment as they all get deleted
    but undoubtedly it was not chocolates and I don't believe him nor
    is Belgium on EST

    Worth mentioning this one to your know-it-all users, the ones who
    deleted sulfnbk.exe and jbdgmgr.exe when some anonymous person
    told them to do so.
    --
    Jim Watt http://www.gibnet.com

    Jim Watt, Jan 20, 2004

  2. Jim Watt

    Joey Johnson Guest

    It's amazing how many people actually open attachments, exe's at that, from
    people they don't even know. You would think that common sense would prevent
    this. Now, execute the file I attached to this message and your PC will live
    forever.

    Joey Johnson, Jan 20, 2004

  3. Jim:

    remove-smss-patch.exe -- contained what virus ?

    Dave

    David H. Lipman, Jan 21, 2004
  4. Jim Watt

    Jim Watt Guest

    On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 00:20:28 GMT, "David H. Lipman"
    <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote:

    >Jim:
    >
    >remove-smss-patch.exe -- contained what virus ?

    dunno my mail system automatically strips all executable
    attachments and sends a message about it.

    Its safer, as although I might be interested there are
    others who might be stupid.

    --
    Jim Watt http://www.gibnet.com

    Jim Watt, Jan 21, 2004