    cant delete it so when I go to the virus centre there is no information.
    please help

    Thanks
    Twitchy, Aug 25, 2007

  2. Twitchy

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 14:42:47 GMT, "Twitchy"
    <> wrote:

    >I keep getting a virus called Sinstod A and when I google it it only finds
    >about 3 sites and they're foreign sites. Blueyonder PC Guard tells me it
    >cant delete it so when I go to the virus centre there is no information.
    >please help

    Download a real AntiVirus program.

    Avast is a good one.
    Evan Platt, Aug 25, 2007

  3. Twitchy

    ded Guest

    "Twitchy" <> wrote in message
    >I keep getting a virus called Sinstod A and when I google it it only finds
    >about 3 sites and they're foreign sites. Blueyonder PC Guard tells me it
    >cant delete it so when I go to the virus centre there is no information.
    > please help
    >
    > Thanks

    In online virus encyclopedia's and definition listings, Sinstod A is varient
    of one of the most common and long established worms, it derives from
    BKDR_RIPINER.A

    Pasted from database:
    This memory-resident backdoor program arrives on a system as a dropped file
    of A2KM_ACDROPPER.A.
    It opens random ports, which allow a remote user to perform malicious
    commands,
    such as gathering system information on the affected machine. The said
    routine
    compromises system security. It then connects to a certain URL to send the
    stolen
    information.
    End of article.

    It is currently prevelent in spam email of the ilk:
    "Someone has sent you a greeting" or as a PDF attachment.
    Don't open spam, don't open any attachments as your PC has not got the
    ability
    to scan.

    Try this free online scan
    http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
    ded, Aug 25, 2007
  4. Twitchy

    Buffalo Guest

    Twitchy wrote:
    > I keep getting a virus called Sinstod A and when I google it it only
    > finds about 3 sites and they're foreign sites. Blueyonder PC Guard
    > tells me it cant delete it so when I go to the virus centre there is
    > no information. please help
    >
    > Thanks

    Try here:
    http://ca.com/nl/securityadvisor/pest/pest.aspx?id=453115214

    Just put sinstod in the search box instead of sinstod a .
    Buffalo, Aug 25, 2007
  5. Twitchy

    deno Guest

    Evan Platt wrote:
    > On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 14:42:47 GMT, "Twitchy"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> I keep getting a virus called Sinstod A and when I google it it only finds
    >> about 3 sites and they're foreign sites. Blueyonder PC Guard tells me it
    >> cant delete it so when I go to the virus centre there is no information.
    >> please help

    > Download a real AntiVirus program.
    >
    > Avast is a good one.

    And it's free to the home user.

    deno, Aug 25, 2007
  6. Twitchy

    Muze Gruppes Guest

    deno wrote:
    > Evan Platt wrote:
    >> On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 14:42:47 GMT, "Twitchy"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I keep getting a virus called Sinstod A and when I google it it only
    >>> finds about 3 sites and they're foreign sites. Blueyonder PC Guard
    >>> tells me it cant delete it so when I go to the virus centre there is
    >>> no information.
    >>> please help

    >> Download a real AntiVirus program.
    >>
    >> Avast is a good one.

    > And it's free to the home user.

    I concur, works like a charm, 5 star rated by Cnet/download.com and
    updates frequently. AVG is free also but gave several false positives
    which made me switch to Avast.

    and it's Free! (kind of amazing how a free AV is better than a paid
    one... say McAdisaster....)
    Muze Gruppes, Aug 26, 2007
  7. Twitchy

    Twitchy Guest

    downloaded avast and ran a thorough scan but it did not find or get rid of
    my problem, any further help would be appreciated

    Twitchy, Aug 26, 2007
  8. Twitchy

    Top Guest

    Evan Platt wrote:

    > On Sat, 25 Aug 2007 14:42:47 GMT, "Twitchy"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>I keep getting a virus called Sinstod A and when I google it it only finds
    >>about 3 sites and they're foreign sites. Blueyonder PC Guard tells me it
    >>cant delete it so when I go to the virus centre there is no information.
    >>please help

    > Download a real AntiVirus program.
    >
    > Avast is a good one.

    AVG does a decent job also. It also is free to home users.
    Top
    Top, Aug 26, 2007
  9. Twitchy

    lobo Guest

    I did not notice what operating system your are running. In the past when I
    caught a bug, I had to turn off system restore>boot to safe mode>run virus
    scan. Found the bug in the restore area. I am using MS XP Pro. If you try
    this, do remember to turn on system restore.
    Good Luck!!

    lobo, Aug 27, 2007
  10. Twitchy

    Plato Guest

    Twitchy wrote:

    > I keep getting a virus called Sinstod A and when I google it it only finds
    > about 3 sites and they're foreign sites. Blueyonder PC Guard tells me it
    > cant delete it so when I go to the virus centre there is no information.

    Look up Utils/antivirus

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Aug 28, 2007