    currently in use (e. g. system files like comctl32. dll, or virus/trojan
    files.)" Another intended for the same purpose is Killbox, here:
    http://download.broadbandmedic.com/Killbox.exe
    graeme@invalid, Nov 1, 2004

  2. graeme@invalid

    Mort Guest

    I have the virus "Delf-dv" that is in the file C:/windows/syskey.dll that I
    an unable to remove as access to this file is denied.
    Can anyone help on this problem.
    Also the laptop I working on is now starting up in the "My Document
    Folder Instead of the usual Desktop theme what can I do about this problem
    Mortda
    Mort, Nov 2, 2004

  3. graeme@invalid

    °Mike° Guest

    Boot into Safe Mode and delete the file from there.
    Scan your system from normal mode afterwards, with
    up to date DATs.

    For your second question:

    Folder Options / View ...
    Uncheck 'Restore previous folder windows at logon'.

    Remove Common Tasks from Desktop
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_commtask_desktop.htm

    In the future, if you have more than one question, please
    make a new thread for each. Thank you.

    On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 06:28:50 +1300, in
    <HtPhd.29175$>
    Mort scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Nov 2, 2004
  4. graeme@invalid

    Mort Guest

    thanks for the info and advice, much appreciated.
    mortda

    Mort, Nov 3, 2004