    from there? Also, is AVG a good enough Anti-virus software? If not what
    is?

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Sam Aungst, Jul 7, 2004

  2. Sam Aungst

    The Prophecy Guest

    Sam Aungst wrote:
    > I picked up a Trojan Horse virus the other day, and was able to
    > remove it using AVG virus protection. But I keep getting a pop-up
    > that it has been found in "C:\System Volume Information\_restore..."
    > How do I remove it from there? Also, is AVG a good enough Anti-virus
    > software? If not what is?
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated.

    Disable System Restore.

    Windows XP:
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPOR...2001111912274039?OpenDocument&src=sec_doc_nam

    Windows ME:
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPOR...2001012513122239?OpenDocument&src=sec_doc_nam

    The Prophecy, Jul 7, 2004

  3. Sam Aungst

    Mike Guest

    Sam Aungst wrote:
    > I picked up a Trojan Horse virus the other day, and was able to remove it
    > using AVG virus protection. But I keep getting a pop-up that it has been
    > found in "C:\System Volume Information\_restore..." How do I remove it
    > from there? Also, is AVG a good enough Anti-virus software? If not what
    > is?
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated.

    Ah! System restore, the well known virus refuge. Turn off system
    restore. Scan. Turn on system restore. You will lose all your restore
    points but you wouldn't want to restore a virus would you.

    AVG is superb.

    --

    ------------------------------------

    Real email to mike. The header email is a spam trap and you will be
    blacklisted.

    Mike, Jul 8, 2004
  4. Sam Aungst

    SkyWriting

    Joined:
    Dec 16, 2010
    Messages:
    2
    System Volume Information restore

    The original SVI Trojan was in system restore even though it was shut off. I have turned it off and on again. But the problem is not IN the restore file. That is merely where the files get placed from some other place. They reappear over and over.

    SkyWriting, Apr 24, 2011