    Any ideas?

    tia
    Dennis

    dennis meissner, Jan 23, 2006

  2. dennis meissner

    mark mandel Guest

    "dennis meissner" <> wrote in message
    news:78WAf.253$...
    > Hi All...
    > I'm having a problem dealing with a file that has a trojan. The trojan is
    > "trojan agent.amv" as is defined by TrendMicro. The infected file is
    > xod.dll in the c:\windows\system32 directory.
    >
    > I followed TrendMicro's instructions to unregister the dll and I get

    'access
    > denied'. I can unregister the dll in safe mode but when trying to remove
    > the file I'm getting that the file is used by another user or program.
    >
    > Just can't seem to get a rid of this blasted thing.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > tia
    > Dennis

    Using the Recovery Console feature for XP, you could then use the DEL
    command for that .dll. Failing that, you could locate it in the Registry
    and try deleting it but be certain to back up the Registry first.

    mark mandel, Jan 23, 2006

  3. dennis meissner

    Erick Guest

    Also, keep in mind a lot of trojans these days create more than one copy of
    itself. I had to deal with one that simply reversed it's original filename
    (instead of being nv456.dll it created a backup called 654vn.lld).

    Erick, Jan 24, 2006
  4. "mark mandel" <> wrote in message

    > "dennis meissner" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi All...
    >> I'm having a problem dealing with a file that has a trojan. The trojan
    >> is
    >> "trojan agent.amv" as is defined by TrendMicro. The infected file is
    >> xod.dll in the c:\windows\system32 directory.
    >>
    >> I followed TrendMicro's instructions to unregister the dll and I get

    > 'access
    >> denied'. I can unregister the dll in safe mode but when trying to remove
    >> the file I'm getting that the file is used by another user or program.
    >>
    >> Just can't seem to get a rid of this blasted thing.
    >>
    >> Any ideas?
    >>
    >> tia
    >> Dennis

    > Using the Recovery Console feature for XP, you could then use the DEL
    > command for that .dll. Failing that, you could locate it in the Registry
    > and try deleting it but be certain to back up the Registry first.

    Mark,
    Thanks that fixed it!

    Dennis

    dennis meissner, Jan 26, 2006