    kill them all and block them from advancing??

    thanks
    BT

    Black Tractor, Mar 20, 2006

  2. On 2006-03-20, in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, Black Tractor gibbered insanely:
    > .. what's the different between these 3 things??

    Try Google. Google is your friend.

    > any Software can one-shot kill them
    > all and block them from advancing??

    No.

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    I like cats, preferably fried, broiled, or stewed, with a side of fries, a loaf

    The Old Sourdough, Mar 20, 2006

  3. Black Tractor

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    The Old Sourdough spewed forth:
    > On 2006-03-20, in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, Black Tractor gibbered
    > insanely:
    >> .. what's the different between these 3 things??

    > Try Google. Google is your friend.
    >
    >> any Software can one-shot kill them
    >> all and block them from advancing??

    > No.

    And it's too bad, too.

    Toolman Tim, Mar 21, 2006
  4. On 2006-03-21, in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, Toolman Tim gibbered:
    > In news:,
    > The Old Sourdough spewed forth:
    >> On 2006-03-20, in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, Black Tractor gibbered
    >> insanely:
    >>> .. what's the different between these 3 things??

    >> Try Google. Google is your friend.
    >>
    >>> any Software can one-shot kill them
    >>> all and block them from advancing??

    >> No.

    > And it's too bad, too.

    Agreed. But such a tool would be too much to ask for
    (and would probably be so bloated and full of bugs,
    it wouldn't be worth it, anyway).

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    I like cats. Preferably fried, broiled, or stewed, with a side
    of fries, a loaf of bread, and a bottle of good red wine.

    The Old Sourdough, Mar 21, 2006
  5. Black Tractor

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    The Old Sourdough spewed forth:
    > On 2006-03-21, in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, Toolman Tim gibbered:
    >> In news:,
    >> The Old Sourdough spewed forth:
    >>> On 2006-03-20, in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, Black Tractor gibbered
    >>> insanely:
    >>>
    >>> Try Google. Google is your friend.

    >>> No.

    >> And it's too bad, too.
    >>

    > Agreed. But such a tool would be too much to ask for
    > (and would probably be so bloated and full of bugs,
    > it wouldn't be worth it, anyway).

    Yeah - especially if it comes from Bill Gates' little house of horrors.

    Toolman Tim, Mar 21, 2006
  6. Black Tractor wrote:

    > .. what's the different between these 3 things?? any Software can one-shot
    > kill them all and block them from advancing??

    Both trojans and viruses are malware, which also covers
    spyware: like trojans (you have to install it by yourself) but it does not
    attempt to remote-control your computer, just sends back information
    - crafted malware: everything not in the other categories, from simple
    "joke" scripts that open cdrom trays or rename/delete files/folders, to
    special spy tools and exploit packages
    - trojans: disguise as a (more or less) useful program one has to install
    actively, but give offenders/creators of the software partial or full
    remote control about the computer
    - viruses: by definition "self-propagating" through exploits or email and
    portable storage media, disguising as useful/interesting programs or
    joke/porn
    Viruses can include trojan and spyware functions as well.

    Linux 2.6.14-mm1 [LinuxCounter#295241,ICQ#4918962]

    Walter Mautner, Mar 21, 2006