    Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar, M.Sc.
    Retired Senior Lecturer in Metallurgy
    XP Pro intel

    Rajinder Nijjhar, Jul 13, 2010

  2. Rajinder Nijjhar

    John Holmes Guest

    Rajinder Nijjhar "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I was using Avira antivirus Free Programme and have my PC infected
    > with many Trojans. I can use e-mail account but when I try to open
    > Internet, then the page appears momentarily and disappears.
    >
    > I use NTL services and have uploaded their Security software version
    > 9. I am scanning the PC and it has found a few infections, pop-up, etc
    > totalling around 8.
    >
    > I am giving a second scan to catch further infections.
    >
    > Any suggestions please? I use XP Pro.

    In your case, the fastest and most secure way is to perform a format and
    install from scratch.

    --
    <snip>

    John Holmes, Jul 14, 2010

  3. Rajinder Nijjhar

    Clot Guest

    John Holmes wrote:
    > Rajinder Nijjhar "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I was using Avira antivirus Free Programme and have my PC infected
    >> with many Trojans. I can use e-mail account but when I try to open
    >> Internet, then the page appears momentarily and disappears.
    >>
    >> I use NTL services and have uploaded their Security software version
    >> 9. I am scanning the PC and it has found a few infections, pop-up,
    >> etc totalling around 8.
    >>
    >> I am giving a second scan to catch further infections.
    >>
    >> Any suggestions please? I use XP Pro.
    >>

    > In your case, the fastest and most secure way is to perform a format
    > and install from scratch.

    I thought that was copyright to Dan C.?

    Clot, Jul 14, 2010
  4. Rajinder Nijjhar

    Tony Guest

    Chuckcar is also known to give that advice for just about any question on
    anything and i mean anything not even questions pertaining to computers.

    Clot wrote:

    > John Holmes wrote:
    > > Rajinder Nijjhar "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    > >
    > >> Hi,
    > >>
    > >> I was using Avira antivirus Free Programme and have my PC infected
    > >> with many Trojans. I can use e-mail account but when I try to open
    > >> Internet, then the page appears momentarily and disappears.
    > >>
    > >> I use NTL services and have uploaded their Security software version
    > >> 9. I am scanning the PC and it has found a few infections, pop-up,
    > >> etc totalling around 8.
    > >>
    > >> I am giving a second scan to catch further infections.
    > >>
    > >> Any suggestions please? I use XP Pro.
    > >>

    > > In your case, the fastest and most secure way is to perform a format
    > > and install from scratch.

    > I thought that was copyright to Dan C.?

    --
    The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

    Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

    manners

    Very few. I used to take calls from *rank* noobs but got fired the first
    day on the job for potty mouth,

    beyond the realm of understandability

    Tony, Jul 14, 2010
  5. Hi,

    The following error appeared in web address bar on opening the Internet
    Explorer Browser.

    res://ieframe.dll/acr_depnx_error.htm#google.co.uk,http://www.google.co.uk/

    Then, there was the text.

    Rajinder