    Is there a site somewhere that discusses this?

    thanks

    david
    Evad Rehtona, Dec 31, 2005

  2. Evad Rehtona

    GraB Guest

    On 31 Dec 2005 01:07:02 -0800, "Evad Rehtona"
    <> wrote:

    >I just installed a Word 2000 I had from a Works Suite 2000 disk set
    >bought in 1999 for a computer I bought then (so it is mine to
    >reinstall)... in a laptop I got recently.
    >
    >When I completed installation, my Nortons flashed up and said it had
    >blocked: "Back Orifice 2000 Trojan Horse."
    >
    >I assume this trojan was in the Works disks. Can anyone tell me what a
    >trojan was doing in a legal MS Works suite and whether it was known at
    >the time? I don't recall it ever being a problem when I installed it
    >back in 1999.
    >
    >Is there a site somewhere that discusses this?
    >
    >thanks
    >
    >david

    Coudl be false positive. When did you last update your virus
    definitions?
    GraB, Dec 31, 2005

  3. Evad Rehtona

    Evad Rehtona Guest

    GraB wrote:

    > Coudl be false positive. When did you last update your virus
    > definitions?

    Not since yesterday morning. I'm doing it again now.

    My browser home page has also been changed to msn's home page, but my
    Spinach just blocked that.
    Evad Rehtona, Dec 31, 2005
  4. Evad Rehtona

    S Roby Guest

    In article <>, "Evad Rehtona" <> wrote:
    >I just installed a Word 2000 I had from a Works Suite 2000 disk set
    >bought in 1999 for a computer I bought then (so it is mine to
    >reinstall)... in a laptop I got recently.
    >
    >When I completed installation, my Nortons flashed up and said it had
    >blocked: "Back Orifice 2000 Trojan Horse."

    If youve got Back Orifice then that basicly gives a hacker COMPLETE control &
    acess to your PC, including the ability to block AV updates etc.
    Check the date of NAV's virus signiture.
    Run an AV scan of the Works install CD

    Try running this scanner
    http://home.hccnet.nl/h.edskes/finalbuilds.htm#nod32
    S Roby, Dec 31, 2005
  5. Evad Rehtona

    joe_90 Guest

    Evad Rehtona wrote:
    > GraB wrote:
    >
    >>Coudl be false positive. When did you last update your virus
    >>definitions?

    > Not since yesterday morning. I'm doing it again now.
    >
    > My browser home page has also been changed to msn's home page, but my
    > Spinach just blocked that.

    Have you just installed and run Ad-Aware? This can change your home page
    to www.msn.com (by default) if your home page was previously set to
    about:blank
    joe_90, Dec 31, 2005