    out of curiosity - can't remember which one now!

    Please help

    Kaz

    Kaz Paszki, Feb 26, 2006

  2. Kaz Paszki wrote:
    > I'm running AVG7 free edition in XP and am now getting the following message
    > on an
    > intermittent basis:
    >
    > Virus Detected!
    > While opening file C:\Windows\System32\PPTP32.DLL
    > Trojan horse BackDoor Generic2JGV
    >
    > I haven't got PPTP32.DLL on my computer - even checking for system and
    > hidden files.
    > I'm normally quite careful about avoiding spam, but I think I clicked on one
    > out of curiosity - can't remember which one now!
    >
    > Please help
    >
    > Kaz

    Here's where a German website urged a guy with the same problem to post
    a HiJackThis log and they found where that dll is being called on
    Windows logon:
    http://tinyurl.com/qvgqt
    The auto-translation leaves a little to be desired, but if you post a
    HJT log to one of the expert forums or even this group, you could
    probably get help.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Feb 27, 2006

  3. Kaz Paszki

    Plato Guest

    Kaz Paszki wrote:

    > I'm running AVG7 free edition in XP and am now getting the following message
    > on an
    > intermittent basis:
    >
    > Virus Detected!
    > While opening file C:\Windows\System32\PPTP32.DLL
    > Trojan horse BackDoor Generic2JGV
    >
    > I haven't got PPTP32.DLL on my computer - even checking for system and
    > hidden files.

    Often viruses name files on the fly to run, so that file may NOT be on
    your pc. Tho, the file(s) that are creating it are. So, run your
    antivirus programs from safe mode and see if you can can it.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Mar 1, 2006