    internet access, it is on C:\_RESTORE\TEMP\A0067407.CPY which cannot be
    reomved. Using AVG, but it can't remove it, any ideas, remember I can't get
    acces to internet.
    Jayne, Jun 23, 2004

  2. Jayne

    °Mike° Guest

    Disable your system restore, then re-enable it.

    Antivirus Tools Cannot Clean Infected Files in the _Restore Folder

    On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 21:12:34 +0000 (UTC), in
    <cbcro2$8sk$>
    Jayne scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jun 23, 2004

  3. Jayne

    SwissTony Guest

    "Jayne" <> wrote in message
    > Anyone know how to remove Trojan Horse Downloader.Rameh.E, it has disabled
    > internet access, it is on C:\_RESTORE\TEMP\A0067407.CPY which cannot be
    > reomved. Using AVG, but it can't remove it, any ideas, remember I can't
    > get
    > acces to internet.

    For windows me
    1. Click Start, Settings, and then click Control Panel.
    2. Double-click the System icon. The System Properties dialog box appears.

    NOTE: If the System icon is not visible, click "View all Control Panel
    options" to display it.

    3. Click the Performance tab, and then click File System.
    4. Click the Troubleshooting tab, and then check Disable System Restore.
    5. Click OK. Click Yes, when you are prompted to restart Windows.
    Once you have cleaned the virus or other problem from the computer, reenable
    System Restore by following these directions

    To enable Windows Me System Restore:

    1. Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
    2. Double-click System, and then click the Performance tab.
    3. Click File System, and then click the Troubleshooting tab.
    4. Uncheck Disable System Restore.
    5. Click OK. Click Yes, when you are prompted to restart Windows.

    For Windows xp

    Important notes

    a.. You must be logged in as an Administrator to do this. If you are not
    logged in as an Administrator, the System Restore tab will not be displayed.
    b.. Turning off System Restore will clear out all previous restore points.
    To turn off Windows XP System Restore:

    NOTE: These instructions assume that you are using the default Windows XP
    Start Menu and have not changed to the Classic Start menu. To re-enable the
    default menu, right-click Start, click Properties, click Start menu (not
    Classic) and then click OK.

    1. Click Start.
    2. Right-click the My Computer icon, and then click Properties.
    3. Click the System Restore tab.
    4. Check "Turn off System Restore" or "Turn off System Restore on all
    drives" as shown in this illustration:
    5. Click Apply.
    6. When turning off System Restore, the existing restore points will be
    deleted. Click Yes to do this.
    7. Click OK.
    8. Proceed with what you need to do; for example, virus removal. When you
    have finished, restart the computer and follow the instructions in the next
    section to turn on System Restore.

    To turn on Windows XP System Restore:

    1. Click Start.
    2. Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
    3. Click the System Restore tab.
    4. Uncheck "Turn off System Restore" or "Turn off System Restore on all
    drives."
    5. Click Apply, and then click OK.

    Once System restore has been disabled,

    Boot Windows in Safe Mode with a command prompt only (press F8 when the
    first Windows screen appears after BIOS startup finishes).

    Navigate to Windows\system32 and delete ATPartners.dll
    SwissTony, Jun 23, 2004
  4. Jayne

    Reid Decker Guest

    If you have System Restore, try it.

    Reid Decker, Jun 24, 2004
  5. Jayne

    Plato Guest

    Jayne wrote:

    > Anyone know how to remove Trojan Horse Downloader.Rameh.E, it has disabled
    > internet access, it is on C:\_RESTORE\TEMP\A0067407.CPY which cannot be
    > reomved. Using AVG, but it can't remove it, any ideas, remember I can't get
    > acces to internet.

    First step to removing viruses/trojans is do disable system restore and
    make sure the _restore folder is deleted.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Jun 24, 2004
  6. Jayne

    Plato Guest

    Reid Decker wrote:

    > If you have System Restore, try it.

    And put the trojan back in your main files? Are you kidding?

    Plato, Jun 24, 2004