    secret to fix that problem since it is now out of warranty.
    Phyloe
    --

    Phyloe, Oct 12, 2004

  2. Phyloe

    Old Gringo Guest

    Phyloe wrote:
    > What is the deal? I downloaded AVG antivirus and it found the Trojan Horse
    > virus. It will not remove it though. I went to Best Buy and the kid there
    > said Norton ($50) would help me but I needed to bring my PC in to get the
    > virus removed ($130). It said right on the Norton box that it removes
    > viruses. I asked the kid why I could not just install Norton and he said the
    > virus would infect the Norton software! So why do I need to take my PC to
    > someone to remove a virus? Why can't I do that at home? Is it really that
    > hard to do? Why would the Trojan Horse infect Norton? So Best Buy wants $50
    > for Norton and $130 to clear the virus.
    >
    > A few weeks ago my HP 3820 printer quit printing in color. I replaced the
    > cartridge but it will only print B/W. Did the Trojan Horse do this? HP
    > support said it is a software problem and they want $30 to tell me the
    > secret to fix that problem since it is now out of warranty.
    > Phyloe

    You might try this:

    Old Gringo George
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest

    Old Gringo, Oct 12, 2004

  3. Phyloe

    samuel Guest

    "Phyloe" <> wrote in

    > What is the deal? I downloaded AVG antivirus and it found the
    > Trojan Horse
    > virus. It will not remove it though.

    ...cut..

    what is the name of the virus ? did you use a search engine to find
    out more about your virus ?

    did you use any free online virus scans ?

    do you have ad-aware, spyware blaster and sybot search and destroy
    installed ?

    > A few weeks ago my HP 3820 printer quit printing in color. I
    > replaced the
    > cartridge but it will only print B/W. Did the Trojan Horse do
    > this? HP support said it is a software problem and they want $30
    > to tell me the secret to fix that problem since it is now out of
    > warranty. Phyloe

    ask at one of these groups aboout the printer

    samuel, Oct 12, 2004
  4. Phyloe

    Avenger© Guest

    On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 18:38:34 -0500, "Phyloe" <>
    wrote:

    > What is the deal? I downloaded AVG antivirus and it found the Trojan Horse
    >virus. It will not remove it though. I went to Best Buy and the kid there
    >said Norton ($50) would help me but I needed to bring my PC in to get the
    >virus removed ($130). It said right on the Norton box that it removes
    >viruses. I asked the kid why I could not just install Norton and he said the
    >virus would infect the Norton software! So why do I need to take my PC to
    >someone to remove a virus? Why can't I do that at home? Is it really that
    >hard to do? Why would the Trojan Horse infect Norton? So Best Buy wants $50
    >for Norton and $130 to clear the virus.
    >
    > A few weeks ago my HP 3820 printer quit printing in color. I replaced the
    >cartridge but it will only print B/W. Did the Trojan Horse do this? HP
    >support said it is a software problem and they want $30 to tell me the
    >secret to fix that problem since it is now out of warranty.
    >Phyloe

    I'd say the `kid' wants a few bucks in his pocket.

    Thanks to Mike.
    Download, then update (after install) and use *all* of the following:

    Spybot Search & Destroy
    http://spybot.eon.net.au/
    http://www.safer-networking.org/
    http://spybot.safer-networking.de/
    SpyBot S&D guide

    Ad-Aware
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    http://www.lavasoft.nu/

    Spyware Blaster

    CWShredder (CoolWebSearch remover)

    Pest Patrol
    http://pestpatrol.com/

    and possibly:

    Stinger Virus Removal Tool
    http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/

    --
    Avenger©
    *I DETEST Spam - A Spam Hater since 1951*

    Avenger©, Oct 12, 2004
  5. Phyloe

    DC Guest

    Avenger© wrote:
    > On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 18:38:34 -0500, "Phyloe" <>
    > wrote:

    [...]

    >>So Best Buy wants $50 for Norton and $130 to clear the virus.

    > I'd say the `kid' wants a few bucks in his pocket.

    [...]

    Man, the sliminess of that store transcends borders. I'll never set
    foot in a Best Buy/Future Shop. This is *precisely* why -- they're all
    bloody crooks.

    And don't get me started on Radio Shaft! Woahboy... }:O)

    --
    DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying
    of nothing.

    DC, Oct 12, 2004
  6. Phyloe

    °Mike° Guest

    You don't need to send it in, and you don't need
    to install Norton's bloatware, either. First of all,
    before you do anything, run AT LEAST two of the
    following online scanners:

    Next, download and install eScan antivirus toolkit, a
    free scanner tool from Microworld Systems based
    on the Kaspersky (KAV) scanning engine.
    Extract the downloaded "mwav.exe" to
    "C:\Downloads" with WinZIP or a similar archiver.
    You MUST use this directory because this is where
    the updater downloads new definitions to.
    Once extracted, run "kavupd.exe" to update
    the definitions. Run "mwavscan.com" to run
    the scanner. Note that this ONLY an "on demand"
    scanner, and offers NO resident protection, but
    is an invaluable tool; there is NO better freeware
    "scanner".
    http://www.mwti.net/antivirus/free_utilities.asp

    Finally, install a decent antivirus system:
    http://www.kaspersky.com/

    On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 18:38:34 -0500, in
    <>
    Phyloe scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Oct 12, 2004
  7. Phyloe

    Pennywise Guest

    On 12 Oct 2004 00:20:28 GMT, DC <> wrote:

    |>Avenger+AKk- wrote:
    |>> On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 18:38:34 -0500, "Phyloe" <>
    |>> wrote:
    |>
    |>[...]
    |>
    |>> I'd say the `kid' wants a few bucks in his pocket.
    |>
    |>[...]
    |>
    |>Man, the sliminess of that store transcends borders. I'll never set
    |>foot in a Best Buy/Future Shop. This is *precisely* why -- they're all
    |>bloody crooks.

    http://dfarq.homeip.net/article/20040820135312327

    Key phrases:
    The State of Ohio is suing Best Buy.
    Extended warranties.
    Bait and switch.
    Used merchandise sold as new.

    His bottom line:
    I wish people would realize that all so-called "Big Box" stores will
    have these tendencies, because the name of the game is maximizing
    profits. The smaller, local stores will charge higher prices, but in
    almost every case they give better service.

    Pennywise, Oct 12, 2004
  8. Phyloe

    G. Morgan Guest

    On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 01:22:41 +0100 "°Mike°"
    used 53 lines of text to write in newsgroup: 24hoursupport.helpdesk

    >Next, download and install eScan antivirus toolkit, a
    >free scanner tool from Microworld Systems based
    >on the Kaspersky (KAV) scanning engine.
    >Extract the downloaded "mwav.exe" to
    >"C:\Downloads" with WinZIP or a similar archiver.
    >You MUST use this directory because this is where
    >the updater downloads new definitions to.
    >Once extracted, run "kavupd.exe" to update
    >the definitions. Run "mwavscan.com" to run
    >the scanner. Note that this ONLY an "on demand"
    >scanner, and offers NO resident protection, but
    >is an invaluable tool; there is NO better freeware
    >"scanner".
    >http://www.mwti.net/antivirus/free_utilities.asp

    A better link for eScan is: (bug-me-not for my email addy)
    http://www.mwti.net/antivirus/downloads.asp

    -Graham

    Remove the 'snails' from my email

    G. Morgan, Oct 12, 2004
  9. Phyloe

    °Mike° Guest

    On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 01:15:07 -0500, in
    <>
    G. Morgan scrawled:

    >On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 01:22:41 +0100 "°Mike°"
    >used 53 lines of text to write in newsgroup: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    >
    >>Next, download and install eScan antivirus toolkit, a
    >>free scanner tool from Microworld Systems based
    >>on the Kaspersky (KAV) scanning engine.
    >>Extract the downloaded "mwav.exe" to
    >>"C:\Downloads" with WinZIP or a similar archiver.
    >>You MUST use this directory because this is where
    >>the updater downloads new definitions to.
    >>Once extracted, run "kavupd.exe" to update
    >>the definitions. Run "mwavscan.com" to run
    >>the scanner. Note that this ONLY an "on demand"
    >>scanner, and offers NO resident protection, but
    >>is an invaluable tool; there is NO better freeware
    >>"scanner".
    >>http://www.mwti.net/antivirus/free_utilities.asp

    >A better link for eScan is: (bug-me-not for my email addy)
    >http://www.mwti.net/antivirus/downloads.asp

    How is it better?

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Oct 12, 2004
  10. On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 01:22:41 +0100, °Mike° <> wrote:

    >Next, download and install eScan antivirus toolkit, a
    >free scanner tool from Microworld Systems based
    >on the Kaspersky (KAV) scanning engine.
    >Extract the downloaded "mwav.exe" to
    >"C:\Downloads" with WinZIP or a similar archiver.
    >You MUST use this directory because this is where
    >the updater downloads new definitions to.
    >Once extracted, run "kavupd.exe" to update
    >the definitions. Run "mwavscan.com" to run
    >the scanner. Note that this ONLY an "on demand"
    >scanner, and offers NO resident protection, but
    >is an invaluable tool; there is NO better freeware
    >"scanner".
    >http://www.mwti.net/antivirus/free_utilities.asp
    >
    >Finally, install a decent antivirus system:
    >http://www.kaspersky.com/

    Boy Mike you really missed it that time.
    The eScan is bait&switchware.
    I downloaded the programme and set it up as per your
    instructions.
    Ran the programme and recieved 21 false positivies plus
    as soon as it found the first one it said that to repair the
    problem I needed to buy the eScan programme.
    The scan took 54 min to perform the scan on a 3GHz P4
    and there was no name given to the virus found so no way
    to track it back.
    There are several other spy/adware programmes that operate in
    the same way as this programme and you have refered to them
    as scumware. Ya just put up a couple of errors, the user panics
    and buys the programme. We make money and we are happy.
    Did you even try this 'No better freeware scanner" or just look
    and say to your self "uses kaspersky must be great"
    Stinger does not look at as many viruses but at least it will clean
    what it does find and not ask for payment.

    As a further I recieved a mag today with a 6 month free trial for
    Kaspersky personal so I loaded it and updated the database and
    ran the test. The time for test was the same but it found no problems.
    Found a several password protected files in relation to Ad-Aware SE
    but no other problems.

    Sorry Mike but you blew it on this one.

    *@t*.*.invalid, Oct 14, 2004
  11. Phyloe

    °Mike° Guest

    On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 11:03:46 GMT, in
    <>
    *@t*.*.invalid scrawled:

    >On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 01:22:41 +0100, °Mike° <> wrote:
    >
    >>Next, download and install eScan antivirus toolkit, a
    >>free scanner tool from Microworld Systems based
    >>on the Kaspersky (KAV) scanning engine.
    >>Extract the downloaded "mwav.exe" to
    >>"C:\Downloads" with WinZIP or a similar archiver.
    >>You MUST use this directory because this is where
    >>the updater downloads new definitions to.
    >>Once extracted, run "kavupd.exe" to update
    >>the definitions. Run "mwavscan.com" to run
    >>the scanner. Note that this ONLY an "on demand"
    >>scanner, and offers NO resident protection, but
    >>is an invaluable tool; there is NO better freeware
    >>"scanner".
    >>http://www.mwti.net/antivirus/free_utilities.asp
    >>
    >>Finally, install a decent antivirus system:
    >>http://www.kaspersky.com/
    >>

    >Boy Mike you really missed it that time.
    >The eScan is bait&switchware.

    No it isn't; it's a free, fully updatable tool that allows
    you to scan AND CLEAN your system in emergencies,
    such as when your normal AV has been crippled.

    >I downloaded the programme and set it up as per your
    >instructions.

    It appears that you did something wrong.

    >Ran the programme and recieved 21 false positivies plus
    >as soon as it found the first one it said that to repair the
    >problem I needed to buy the eScan programme.

    This is nonsense. The tool deletes found viruses. See below.

    >The scan took 54 min to perform the scan on a 3GHz P4
    >and there was no name given to the virus found so no way
    >to track it back.
    >There are several other spy/adware programmes that operate in
    >the same way as this programme and you have refered to them
    >as scumware. Ya just put up a couple of errors, the user panics
    >and buys the programme. We make money and we are happy.

    Do you have a beef with Kaspersky?

    >Did you even try this 'No better freeware scanner" or just look
    >and say to your self "uses kaspersky must be great"

    What do you take me for? See below.

    >Stinger does not look at as many viruses but at least it will clean
    >what it does find and not ask for payment.

    This tool cleans/deletes what it finds, and at exit politely
    reminds you to install a full antivirus for full protection.

    >As a further I recieved a mag today with a 6 month free trial for
    >Kaspersky personal so I loaded it and updated the database and
    >ran the test. The time for test was the same but it found no problems.
    >Found a several password protected files in relation to Ad-Aware SE
    >but no other problems.

    Personally, I think you're full of hot air.

    >Sorry Mike but you blew it on this one.

    Really? Well here's a snippet of a log from a test scan that I just
    performed with this tool:

    Version 4.4.7
    Latest Date of files in KL key: 14 Oct 2004 23:01:03.
    Latest Date of files inside MWAV: 14 Oct 2004 23:01:03.

    Options Selected by User:
    Memory Check: Enabled
    Registry Check: Enabled
    StartUp Folder Check: Enabled
    System Folder Check: Enabled
    System Area Check: Enabled
    Services Check: Enabled
    Drive Check: Enabled
    All Drive Check :Disabled
    Scanning Type: Scan And Clean
    Drive Selected = E:\

    ***** Scanning Memory Files *****
    ***** Scanning Registry Files *****
    ***** Scanning StartUp Folders *****
    ***** Scanning Service Files *****
    ***** Scanning System32 Folders *****

    ***** Scanning Drive E:\ *****
    [...] "Backdoor.Win32.Hackarmy.w" Virus. Action Taken: File Renamed.
    [...] "Backdoor.SdBot.jb" Virus. Action Taken: File Renamed.
    [...] "I-Worm.NetSky.p" Virus. Action Taken: File Deleted.
    [...] "TrojanDownloader.Win32.Keenval" Virus. Action Taken: File Deleted.
    [...] "Exploit.CodeBaseExec" Virus. Action Taken: File Deleted.
    [...] "I-Worm.Bagle.as" Virus. Action Taken: File Deleted.
    [...] "I-Worm.Mydoom.y" Virus. Action Taken: File Deleted.
    [...] "Exploit.Win32.MS04-028.gen" Virus. Action Taken: File Deleted.
    [...] "I-Worm.Swen" Virus. Action Taken: File Deleted.
    [...] "I-Worm.Nyxem.b" Virus. Action Taken: File Deleted.
    [...] "I-Worm.Sober.f" Virus. Action Taken: File Deleted.
    [...] "I-Worm.NetSky.aa" Virus. Action Taken: File Deleted.

    ***** Checking for specific ITW Viruses *****

    ***** Scanning complete. *****

    Total Number of Files Scanned: 77061
    Total Number of Virus(es) Found: 12
    Total Number of Disinfected Files: 0
    Total Number of Files Renamed: 2
    Total Number of Deleted Files: 10
    Total Number of Errors: 0
    Time Elapsed: 00:20:49
    Virus Database Date: 2004/10/14
    Virus Database Count: 105631

    As I said, I think you either have a gripe with Kaspersky, you're
    trolling, or you're full of hot air.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Oct 14, 2004
  12. Phyloe

    Guest

    On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 23:11:47 +0100, °Mike° <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 11:03:46 GMT, in
    > <>
    > *@t*.*.invalid scrawled:
    >
    >>On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 01:22:41 +0100, °Mike° <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Next, download and install eScan antivirus toolkit, a
    >>>free scanner tool from Microworld Systems based
    >>>on the Kaspersky (KAV) scanning engine.
    >>>Extract the downloaded "mwav.exe" to
    >>>"C:\Downloads" with WinZIP or a similar archiver.
    >>>You MUST use this directory because this is where
    >>>the updater downloads new definitions to.
    >>>Once extracted, run "kavupd.exe" to update
    >>>the definitions. Run "mwavscan.com" to run
    >>>the scanner. Note that this ONLY an "on demand"
    >>>scanner, and offers NO resident protection, but
    >>>is an invaluable tool; there is NO better freeware
    >>>"scanner".
    >>>http://www.mwti.net/antivirus/free_utilities.asp
    >>>
    >>>Finally, install a decent antivirus system:
    >>>http://www.kaspersky.com/
    >>>

    >>Boy Mike you really missed it that time.
    >>The eScan is bait&switchware.

    >No it isn't; it's a free, fully updatable tool that allows
    >you to scan AND CLEAN your system in emergencies,
    >such as when your normal AV has been crippled.

    Your older version 4.4.7 allows scan and clean.
    The current version 4.5.4 does not.

> [...]

    >[...] "I-Worm.Mydoom.y" Virus. Action Taken: File Deleted.
    >[...] "Exploit.Win32.MS04-028.gen" Virus. Action Taken: File Deleted.
    >[...] "I-Worm.Swen" Virus. Action Taken: File Deleted.
    >[...] "I-Worm.Nyxem.b" Virus. Action Taken: File Deleted.
    >[...] "I-Worm.Sober.f" Virus. Action Taken: File Deleted.
    >[...] "I-Worm.NetSky.aa" Virus. Action Taken: File Deleted.
    >
    >***** Checking for specific ITW Viruses *****
    >
    >***** Scanning complete. *****
    >
    >Total Number of Files Scanned: 77061
    >Total Number of Virus(es) Found: 12
    >Total Number of Disinfected Files: 0
    >Total Number of Files Renamed: 2
    >Total Number of Deleted Files: 10
    >Total Number of Errors: 0
    >Time Elapsed: 00:20:49
    >Virus Database Date: 2004/10/14
    >Virus Database Count: 105631
    >
    >As I said, I think you either have a gripe with Kaspersky, you're

    Have no gripe with Kaspersky.
    Am not trolling.
    Am not full of hot air.

    OK Mike here is a snipplet of scan I made with the programme.

    +++++++++++++
    Please note the Version of 4.5.4 versus your Version 4.4.7
    looks like you have an older version.
    +++++++++++++

    Fri Oct 15 22:59:33 2004 =>
    Fri Oct 15 22:59:33 2004 => eScan AntiVirus Toolkit Utility.
    Fri Oct 15 22:59:33 2004 => Copyright © 2003-2004, MicroWorld
    Technologies Inc.
    Fri Oct 15 22:59:33 2004 =>
    Please
    Fri Oct 15 22:59:33 2004 => Version 4.5.4 (C:\Downloads\mwavscan.com)
    Fri Oct 15 22:59:33 2004 => Log File: C:\DOWNLO~1\mwav.log
    Fri Oct 15 22:59:33 2004 => Latest Date of files inside MWAV: 15 Oct
    2004 15:00:49.
    Fri Oct 15 22:59:34 2004 => AV Library Loaded...
    Fri Oct 15 22:59:34 2004 => Scanning File C:\DOWNLO~1\kavss.exe
    Fri Oct 15 22:59:34 2004 => Scanning File C:\DOWNLO~1\Getvlist.exe
    Fri Oct 15 22:59:34 2004 => Scanning File C:\DOWNLO~1\kavss.dll
    Fri Oct 15 22:59:34 2004 => Scanning File C:\DOWNLO~1\kavssdi.dll
    Fri Oct 15 22:59:34 2004 => Scanning File C:\DOWNLO~1\kavssi.dll
    Fri Oct 15 22:59:34 2004 => Scanning File C:\DOWNLO~1\kavvlg.dll
    Fri Oct 15 22:59:34 2004 => Scanning File C:\DOWNLO~1\msvlclnt.dll
    Fri Oct 15 22:59:34 2004 => Scanning File C:\DOWNLO~1\ipc.dll
    Fri Oct 15 22:59:34 2004 => Scanning File C:\DOWNLO~1\main.avi
    Fri Oct 15 22:59:34 2004 => Scanning File C:\DOWNLO~1\virus.avi
    Fri Oct 15 22:59:34 2004 => Virus Database Date: 2004/10/15
    Fri Oct 15 22:59:34 2004 => Virus Database Count: 106557

    Fri Oct 15 23:00:08 2004 =>
    Fri Oct 15 23:00:08 2004 => eScan AntiVirus Toolkit Utility.
    Fri Oct 15 23:00:08 2004 => Copyright © 2003-2004, MicroWorld
    Technologies Inc.
    Fri Oct 15 23:00:08 2004 =>
    Fri Oct 15 23:00:08 2004 => Support:
    Fri Oct 15 23:00:08 2004 => Web: http://www.mwti.net
    Fri Oct 15 23:00:08 2004 =>
    Fri Oct 15 23:00:08 2004 => Version 4.5.4 (C:\Downloads\mwavscan.com)
    Fri Oct 15 23:00:08 2004 => Log File: C:\DOWNLO~1\mwav.log
    Fri Oct 15 23:00:08 2004 => Latest Date of files inside MWAV: 15 Oct
    2004 15:00:49.

    +++++++++
    Please note that there is no Scan Type listed where your version
    has "Scanning Type: Scan And Clean"
    +++++++++

    Fri Oct 15 23:00:08 2004 => Options Selected by User:
    Fri Oct 15 23:00:08 2004 => Memory Check: Enabled
    Fri Oct 15 23:00:08 2004 => Registry Check: Enabled
    Fri Oct 15 23:00:08 2004 => StartUp Folder Check: Enabled
    Fri Oct 15 23:00:08 2004 => System Folder Check: Enabled
    Fri Oct 15 23:00:08 2004 => System Area Check: Disabled
    Fri Oct 15 23:00:08 2004 => Services Check: Enabled
    Fri Oct 15 23:00:08 2004 => Drive Check Option Disabled
    Fri Oct 15 23:00:08 2004 => Folder Check: Enabled
    Fri Oct 15 23:00:08 2004 => Folder Selected =
    H:\DedupedFiles\Download\Agent

    Fri Oct 15 23:00:08 2004 => ***** Scanning Memory Files *****

    Fri Oct 15 23:00:24 2004 => ***** Scanning Registry Files *****

    Fri Oct 15 23:00:25 2004 => ***** Scanning StartUp Folders *****

    Fri Oct 15 23:00:25 2004 => ***** Scanning Service Files *****

    Fri Oct 15 23:00:30 2004 => ***** Scanning System32 Folders *****

    Fri Oct 15 23:01:36 2004 => ***** Scanning
    H:\DedupedFiles\Download\Agent Folder *****
    Fri Oct 15 23:01:44 2004 => File
    H:\DedupedFiles\Download\Agent\fa32-121.exe tagged as
    not-a-virus:Tool.Win32.Reboot. No Action Taken.

    Fri Oct 15 23:01:44 2004 => ***** Checking for specific ITW Viruses
    *****

    Fri Oct 15 23:01:44 2004 => ***** Scanning complete. *****

    Fri Oct 15 23:01:44 2004 => Total Files Scanned: 2376
    Fri Oct 15 23:01:44 2004 => Total Virus(es) Found: 1
    Fri Oct 15 23:01:44 2004 => Total Disinfected Files: 0
    Fri Oct 15 23:01:44 2004 => Total Files Renamed: 0
    Fri Oct 15 23:01:44 2004 => Total Deleted Files: 0
    Fri Oct 15 23:01:44 2004 => Total Errors: 5
    Fri Oct 15 23:01:44 2004 => Time Elapsed: 00:01:36
    Fri Oct 15 23:01:44 2004 => Virus Database Date: 2004/10/15
    Fri Oct 15 23:01:44 2004 => Virus Database Count: 106557

    Fri Oct 15 23:01:44 2004 => Scan Completed.

    Fri Oct 15 23:08:22 2004 => Virus Database Date: 2004/10/15
    Fri Oct 15 23:08:22 2004 => Virus Database Count: 106557
    Fri Oct 15 23:08:25 2004 => AV Library Unloaded (3)...

    , Oct 15, 2004
  13. Phyloe

    °Mike° Guest

    On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 13:24:30 GMT, in
    <>
    lid scrawled:

    <snip>

    >Your older version 4.4.7 allows scan and clean.
    >The current version 4.5.4 does not.

    I don't know where you get that from. I have just
    re-downloaded the entire archive and the version
    is STILL 4.4.7, with the same cleaning options.

    >Have no gripe with Kaspersky.
    >Am not trolling.
    >Am not full of hot air.

    Then where do you get version 4.5.4 from?

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Oct 15, 2004
  14. Phyloe

    Guest

    On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 16:43:17 +0100, °Mike° <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 13:24:30 GMT, in
    > <>
    > lid scrawled:
    >
    ><snip>
    >
    >>Your older version 4.4.7 allows scan and clean.
    >>The current version 4.5.4 does not.

    >I don't know where you get that from. I have just
    >re-downloaded the entire archive and the version
    >is STILL 4.4.7, with the same cleaning options.
    >

    >>Have no gripe with Kaspersky.
    >>Am not trolling.
    >>Am not full of hot air.

    >Then where do you get version 4.5.4 from?
    >
    ><snip>

    From your post
    >Note that this ONLY an "on demand"
    >scanner, and offers NO resident protection, but
    >is an invaluable tool; there is NO better freeware
    >"scanner".
    >http://www.mwti.net/antivirus/free_utilities.asp

    I took Download Link 1.
    Just went to the site again and see it has been changed on the 16th
    will try the download and see what I get this time.
    Will take this to a new thread called "eScan is it free?"
    Interesting that you get version 4.4.7
    My file size is 5.15MB (5,402,624)
    Later

    , Oct 16, 2004
  15. Phyloe

    Fred Guest

    °Mike° wrote:

    > No it isn't; it's a free, fully updatable tool that allows you to scan
    > AND CLEAN your system in emergencies, such as when your normal AV has
    > been crippled.

    I am not a normal person, I'm deranged, you see.

    > It appears that you did something wrong.

    Do you feel as if you're getting revenge?

    > This is nonsense.

    Are you new here or something?

    > Do you have a beef with Kaspersky? What do you take me for? See below.

    What is it you are getting at?

    > This tool cleans/deletes what it finds, and at exit politely reminds
    > you to install a full antivirus for full protection.

    What is it you are getting at?

    > Personally, I think you're full of hot air.

    Am I?

    > 7 As I said, I think you either have a gripe with Kaspersky, you're
    > trolling, or you're full of hot air.

    No, it's definitely you who is trolling.

    Fred, Oct 22, 2004
  16. Phyloe

    Fred Guest

    Fred wrote:

    > I am not a normal person, I'm deranged, you see.

    Sure you are.

    > Do you feel as if you're getting revenge?

    No, it's definitely you who is getting revenge.

    > Are you new here or something?

    No, I am not new here or something.

    > What is it you are getting at?

    Am I?

    > What is it you are getting at?

    How do you know I am getting at?

    > No, it's definitely you who is trolling.

    You seem very sure of yourself.

    Fred, Oct 22, 2004
  17. Phyloe

    Fred Guest

    Fred wrote:

    > Sure you are.

    Fick dich, lesbe hure mutterficker.

    > No, it's definitely you who is getting revenge.

    Ok. If you insist.

    > No, I am not new here or something.

    I bet you really are new here or something.

    > How do you know I am getting at?

    You aren't? Really?

    > You seem very sure of yourself.

    Well, I'm not.

    Fred, Oct 22, 2004
  18. Phyloe

    Fred Guest

    Fred wrote:

    > Drink more coffee.

    <reaches for another beer>

    > Do you wear a special item or perform rituals before a big event?

    Does all that flailing about make you feel important?

    > No I'm not.

    Sure you are.

    > I wouldn't be so sure if I were you.

    Why wouldn't you?

    > Have you had any success fighting your strong desires and compulsions
    > to gamble?

    You seem aggressive today.

    Fred, Oct 22, 2004
  19. Phyloe

    Fred Guest

    Fred wrote:

    > Does all that flailing about make you feel important?

    Important? I doubt it.

    So what if I am? Who gives a ****?

    > Why wouldn't you?

    I dunno why. Why do you ask?

    > You seem aggressive today.

    Why are you so aggressive?

    Fred, Oct 22, 2004
  20. Phyloe

    Fred Guest

    Fred wrote:

    > Important?

    That doesn't sound important.

    > I doubt it.

    You don't believe in much do you?

    > So what if I am?

    I am too.

    > Who gives a ****?

    Who? Me?

    > I dunno why.

    Why ask why?

    > Why do you ask?

    Why are you asking me?

    > Why are you so aggressive?

    I can't help myself. What's your excuse?

    Fred, Oct 22, 2004