Trojan Horse problem

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Ken Lamb, Apr 17, 2004.

  1. Ken Lamb

    Ken Lamb Guest

    Greetings,
    I have a TH on my system I can't get rid of. I am not sure what it is doing
    possibly sending out emails from my computer.
    My OS is XP Pro
    I am running AVG 7.0 anti-virus (paid version). I update it everyday. It
    picks it up but can't do anything with it.
    I am running Spybot S&D updated.
    The TH (PSW.Bispy.A) is located:
    C:\Documents and Settings\test\Local Settings\Temp\biU.cab:\bi.dll
    Any help?
    TIA.
    Ken

    There is a solution!"

    http://mail.spaminspector.com
    Ken Lamb, Apr 17, 2004

  2. Ken Lamb

    Ken Lamb Guest

    It is also located in:
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\biU.exe:\bi.dll
    Thanks,
    Ken
    AVG results:
    Automatic healing results
    0 files healed
    infected embedded objects

    Ken Lamb, Apr 17, 2004

  3. Ken Lamb

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Ken Lamb" <> wrote in

    > Greetings,
    > I have a TH on my system I can't get rid of. I am not sure what it is
    > doing possibly sending out emails from my computer.
    > My OS is XP Pro
    > I am running AVG 7.0 anti-virus (paid version). I update it everyday.
    > It picks it up but can't do anything with it.
    > I am running Spybot S&D updated.
    > The TH (PSW.Bispy.A) is located:
    > C:\Documents and Settings\test\Local Settings\Temp\biU.cab:\bi.dll
    > Any help?
    > TIA.
    > Ken

    First of all, the protection starts with the O/S and everything else is
    secondary to it.

    You should shutdown things you don't need and better secure others you do
    need.

    http://www.uksecurityonline.com/index5.php

    I don't know if the link will help you are not.

    One thing you can do is just go to the Registry and delete any entries
    pointing to the files and then go to the directories and delete the files.

    http://www.faqfarm.com/Computer/Virus/

    You may want to implement the use of the HOST as a prevention measure after
    you clean up your problems.

    http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm
    http://www.snapfiles.com/get/hoststoggle.html

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Apr 18, 2004
  4. Ken Lamb

    derek / nul Guest

    Start your computer in safe mode and delete the files

    derek / nul, Apr 18, 2004