    are left open by Microsoft and then installed a Firewall, your computer
    has a high risk of hosting a Trojan Horse and a Backdoor.

    Tracker
    Pictures, Jan 10, 2004

  2. Pictures

    Tim H. Guest

    "Pictures" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > http://www.irchelp.org/irchelp/security/trojan.html
    >
    > Some of you people might want to check out this website because if your
    > on a Windows Platform and you didn't disable the Windows Services which
    > are left open by Microsoft and then installed a Firewall, your computer
    > has a high risk of hosting a Trojan Horse and a Backdoor.

    "..because if your on a..." - Your=You're (contraction for you are).

    Good advice on the page, but it doesn't substantiate your claim(s). You and
    Steve Gibson would go great together! FUD..

    -Tim

    Tim H., Jan 10, 2004

  3. Pictures

    Jim Watt Guest

    On 10 Jan 2004 06:13:20 GMT, Pictures <> wrote:

    >http://www.irchelp.org/irchelp/security/trojan.html
    >
    >Some of you people might want to check out this website

    I doubt that.

    GENERAL COMPUTER HEALTH WARNING
    -------------------------------

    Any advice from a poster using the word 'tracker' may contain
    dangerous nonsense and should be immediately deleted from your
    computer.

    Do NOT contact this person by email

    Do NOT feed the Trolls, one warning is enough, further messages
    only reinforce the desire for attention that provides motivation.

    Visit the fan club at:
    http://www.sand-n-sea.us/debbiesdrival.htm

    --
    Jim Watt
    http://www.gibnet.com
    Jim Watt, Jan 10, 2004
  4. Pictures

    Dalt Guest

    Gawd...you still alive??

    I really would have thought somebody would have left you face down in a
    gutter by now....

    delusional idiot...

    Dalt

    Dalt, Jan 10, 2004
  5. Pictures

    2560 Guest

    Idiot and delusional ?

    2560, Jan 10, 2004
  6. Pictures

    Duh! Guest

    and he uses win95 ? DUH

    Stephen

    Duh!, Jan 10, 2004
  7. Pictures

    ± Þete ± Guest

    On 10 Jan 2004 06:13:20 GMT, whilst in NewsFroup alt.computer.security,
    Pictures <> articulated the following sentiments :

    >http://www.irchelp.org/irchelp/security/trojan.html
    >
    >Some of you people might want to check out this website because if your
    >on a Windows Platform and you didn't disable the Windows Services which
    >are left open by Microsoft and then installed a Firewall, your computer
    >has a high risk of hosting a Trojan Horse and a Backdoor.
    >
    >Tracker

    You typed 'trojan horse' into Google and pasted one of the first links you
    saw into your poast.

    That pretty much covers 99.99% of all your 'output' spammer.

    Egrads,

    Pete.
    ± Þete ±, Jan 10, 2004
  8. On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 13:17:17 +0100, Duh! spoketh

    >and he uses win95 ? DUH
    >
    >Stephen

    She

    Lars M. Hansen
    http://www.hansenonline.net
    Lars M. Hansen, Jan 10, 2004
  9. >She

    The girl of my dreams! Another dummy!
    ?subject=Techtalk (Do not alter!)
    http://lists.gpick.com
    \Crash\ Dummy, Jan 10, 2004
  10. Pictures

    Tracker Guest

    Cap wrote:

    > donutbandit <> wrote in message news:<btplmg$jlr$>...
    >
    > > There really wasn't anything basically wrong with what Tracker said. She
    > > merely said that a person may have picked up a Trojan before shutting down
    > > services and installing a firewall, and think they are now secure when they
    > > aren't.
    > >
    > > It's elementary school security stuff, grade level 2, but still a large
    > > percentage of the computer using world wouldn't even know about it or
    > > understand it.
    > >
    > > The web page was simplistic as well, but would be of use to a complete know
    > > nothing newbie.
    > >
    > > Downloading stuff off P2P is admittedly risky unless you download MP3 only.
    > > There seems to be no possible way to transmit malware inside an MP3. If
    > > there was, somebody would surely have found it by now.
    > >
    > > Once again, I'm amazed at the level of spite and villitude that a simple
    > > post by this person can generate. True, it's kind of like a kindergarten
    > > student trying to give a lecture to 12th grade, but put it in perspective
    > > and the level of response is way too high.

    > Want a clue into the person that is Debbie Gambriele, alias Tracker?
    > http://www.sand-n-sea.us/debbiesdrival.htm

    Please enjoy your family and life because life is precious but once it's gone it can never
    return my friend.

    Tracker
    Tracker, Jan 10, 2004
  11. Pictures

    Tracker Guest

    joe wrote:

    > Hey, 'Tracker'...what exactly do you 'track', anyway.....seems like you track in stuff as much as bring anything to the
    > table.......it makes for fun reading though....maybe you're a tease, is that it?

    Our tracking skills deal with malicious hacker activity which is opening exposed on innocent victims computers. Victims
    which include Microsoft, Big Corporations, schools, churches, and so on. The list is way too long to post here but we talk
    to the victims and help them secure their computers.

    Tracker
    Tracker, Jan 10, 2004
  12. Pictures

    Dalt Guest

    IT

    Dalt

    Dalt, Jan 10, 2004
  13. Pictures

    Jim Watt Guest

    On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 14:20:11 +0000 (UTC), "Dalt" <>
    wrote:

    >IT

    whatever.

    --
    Jim Watt http://www.gibnet.com
    Jim Watt, Jan 10, 2004
  14. Pictures

    Mimic Guest

    "Pictures" <> wrote in message
    > http://www.irchelp.org/irchelp/security/trojan.html
    >
    > Some of you people might want to check out this website because if your
    > on a Windows Platform and you didn't disable the Windows Services which
    > are left open by Microsoft and then installed a Firewall, your computer
    > has a high risk of hosting a Trojan Horse and a Backdoor.
    >
    > Tracker

    How about you tell us which services we should disable , what they do, and
    why ?
    And yet AGAIN, your retarded commenst are flawed. You can disabled all the
    services your want, you can install
    all the firewalls you want, it wont affect whether you you can HOST a
    trojan.
    Downloading stuff off P2P apps gives you a higher risk of HOSTING a trojan.
    Disabling services and
    installing firewalls wont protect you from HOSTING them you stupid ****

    --
    Mimic

    and those that dont."
    "On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero".
    Mimic, Jan 10, 2004
  15. Pictures

    Mimic Guest

    "Tim H." <> wrote in message

    > "Pictures" <> wrote in message
    > > http://www.irchelp.org/irchelp/security/trojan.html
    > >
    > > Some of you people might want to check out this website because if your
    > > on a Windows Platform and you didn't disable the Windows Services which
    > > are left open by Microsoft and then installed a Firewall, your computer
    > > has a high risk of hosting a Trojan Horse and a Backdoor.

    > "..because if your on a..." - Your=You're (contraction for you are).
    >
    > Good advice on the page, but it doesn't substantiate your claim(s). You

    and
    > Steve Gibson would go great together! FUD..
    >
    > -Tim

    Its bad advice, she is misleading people into thinking that by disabling
    services and installing a firewall,
    there is less chance of them hosting a trojan.

    Mimic, Jan 10, 2004
  16. Pictures

    donutbandit Guest

    donutbandit, Jan 10, 2004
  17. >Once again, I'm amazed at the level of spite and villitude that a simple
    >post by this person can generate. True, it's kind of like a kindergarten
    >student trying to give a lecture to 12th grade, but put it in perspective
    >and the level of response is way too high.

    If this were here first or second post, I would agree with you one hundred
    percent. But Tracker is our resident whacko. She has been posing as a security
    expert for it seems like years, posting mindless drivel. No amount of feedback,
    subtle or frank, reaches her. She's like the Eveready Bunny. She just keeps
    going and going.
    \Crash\ Dummy, Jan 10, 2004
  18. "donutbandit" <> wrote in message news:btplmg$jlr$...

    > There seems to be no possible way to transmit malware inside an MP3.

    Malicious code can be "transmitted" in most any filetype. The question
    is, will it be executed by an errant or malicious application. The question
    of safety with regard to MP3's lies in the player being used as well as the
    OS the player app is running on.
    FromTheRafters, Jan 10, 2004
  19. Pictures

    Dalt Guest

    Hence my "delusional" comment...she's not got a grip of reality and her only
    somewhat tenuous grip on reality may be that she posts in various newsgroups
    to reinforce her own missguided perceptions.

    "I am a security expert" followed by many hundreds of posts to self
    reinforce this as nobody else will thereby perpetuating her own perception
    of reality.Then pointing back to the previous posts as evidence of her
    "reality"..this is born out by her release of a *book*,as she seems to
    believe that a published author must be what they claim to be and provides
    yet more reinforcement of her delusions

    No amount of rebuking or insults will change her I doubt,she simply believes
    what she is saying to be an accurate representation of the truth.Her
    "alledged" use of mind altering substances will only compound the situation
    making her remote grip on our reality even less but in her mind even
    stronger..

    Most like her eventually end up scuicidal when the bubble finally bursts...

    In her mind she is telling the truth...ok to everybody else it's looks like
    the ramblings of an imbecile...but we aren't inside her reality (thank
    heavens)

    ACV and newsgroups are her own *therapy* ignore the mindless fool...and she
    will eventually become an expert in something else....

    cheers Dalt

    Dalt, Jan 10, 2004
  20. Pictures

    Mimic Guest

    > "Mimic" <> wrote in
    >
    > > Downloading stuff off P2P apps gives you a higher risk of HOSTING a
    > > trojan. Disabling services and
    > > installing firewalls wont protect you from HOSTING them

    > There really wasn't anything basically wrong with what Tracker said. She
    > merely said that a person may have picked up a Trojan before shutting down
    > services and installing a firewall, and think they are now secure when

    they
    > aren't.
    >
    > It's elementary school security stuff, grade level 2, but still a large
    > percentage of the computer using world wouldn't even know about it or
    > understand it.
    >
    > The web page was simplistic as well, but would be of use to a complete

    know
    > nothing newbie.
    >
    > Downloading stuff off P2P is admittedly risky unless you download MP3

    only.
    > There seems to be no possible way to transmit malware inside an MP3. If
    > there was, somebody would surely have found it by now.
    >
    > Once again, I'm amazed at the level of spite and villitude that a simple
    > post by this person can generate. True, it's kind of like a kindergarten
    > student trying to give a lecture to 12th grade, but put it in perspective
    > and the level of response is way too high.

    I was just ripping her post apart, bascially my point was disabling services
    and such
    has nothing to do with storing a trojan on your system. Once its "infected",
    then a firewall
    will pick it up. Shes just a troll and its better to blast everything so
    newer people dont even
    go near her, than it is to say she if she reworded a staement it wouldnt be
    wrong. But we've
    been through it all with her before :p

    Mimic, Jan 11, 2004