    Any help on how to get rid of this would be gratefully appreciated.

    Thanks
    John

    Fitzy_bhoy, Aug 27, 2003

  2. Fitzy_bhoy

    Kraftee Guest

    Thund3rstruck wrote:
    > Fitzy_bhoy Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and
    > proclaimed in <Rg03b.4522$>:
    >
    >> I have been recieving error messages in the past couple of days.
    >> Which goes something like this
    >>
    >> Trojan Horse IRC/ Backdoor.SDBOT.DO found in the following file
    >> C:\system volume information then lots of numbers but the infected
    >> file is A0027463.exe
    >>
    >> I am running AVG 6.0 with the latest signature, I downloaded Anti
    >> Trojan 5.5 and Adaware just in case but nothing is being found.
    >>
    >> I cannot find the folder or the file which is supposed to be
    >> infected, is this the boot sector?
    >>
    >> Any help on how to get rid of this would be gratefully appreciated.

    > While Spybot might take care of it, when this happened to someone
    > I know, we ended up reloading the system, out of paranoia. The
    > theory there was that we didn't know what else the person that put
    > it there had done, and we wanted to make sure his shit was gone for
    > good...
    >
    > HTH
    >
    > NOI

    Which is the very reason why I do now allow anybody to touch this
    machine, any of the others yes but not this one!!!

    *eg*

    --
    B-)
    Life is pain.....

    Kraftee, Aug 27, 2003

  3. Howdy!

    "Fitzy_bhoy" <> wrote in message
    > I have been recieving error messages in the past couple of days. Which

    goes
    > something like this
    >
    > Trojan Horse IRC/ Backdoor.SDBOT.DO found in the following file C:\system
    > volume information then lots of numbers but the infected file is
    > A0027463.exe
    >
    > I am running AVG 6.0 with the latest signature, I downloaded Anti Trojan

    5.5
    > and Adaware just in case but nothing is being found.
    >
    > I cannot find the folder or the file which is supposed to be infected, is
    > this the boot sector?
    >
    > Any help on how to get rid of this would be gratefully appreciated.

    Since you didn't specify which flavor of Windows you run, the answer
    is somewhat generic -

    Disable System Restore.

    Reboot.

    Do a deep scan to kill the virus.

    Reboot.

    Optionally, reenable System Restore - then reboot, if you do.

    RwP

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Aug 28, 2003