    I tried with trend online but that missed it completly
    Any advice or links would be most helpful.
    Cheers

    Nlon, Oct 13, 2004

  2. Nlon

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Nlon vaguely muttered something like ...
    > Avg finds it, sorts it out but it reappears always as C:\124782
    > I tried with trend online but that missed it completly
    > Any advice or links would be most helpful.
    > Cheers

    Start up in safe mode , search and delete it manually.

    If that doesn't work make a startup disk and use that to start the computer
    and delete manually.

    If that doesn't work, try other AV and Spyware softwares ... such as Spybot
    S&D etc

    --
    Paul ...
    (8(|) Homer Rules !!!

    Paul - xxx, Oct 13, 2004

  3. Nlon

    °Mike° Guest

    AVG is obviously NOT sorting it out, is it? I suggest that
    you choose a more effective antivirus solution than the
    crappy one that you have now.

    Online Antivirus scanners:
    ================
    http://www.kaspersky.com/scanforvirus
    http://www.ravantivirus.com/scan/ [See **** below.]
    http://www.drweb-online.com/en/online_check.asp
    http://www.virusoffice.com/clinic/index.cfm

    **** Caveat:
    http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/bugtraq/2003-07/0240.html

    Anti-virus programs:
    --------------------
    KAV (Kaspersky)
    http://www.kaspersky.com/

    Sophos
    http://www.sophos.com/products/sav/

    eZ Antivirus (Computer Associates)

    eScan antivirus toolkit
    Free scanner tool from Microworld Systems based
    on the Kaspersky (KAV) scanning engine.
    Extract the downloaded "mwav.exe" to
    "C:\Downloads" with WinZIP or a similar archiver.
    You MUST use this directory because this is where
    the updater downloads new definitions to.
    Once extracted, run "kavupd.exe" to update
    the definitions. Run "mwavscan.com" to run
    the scanner. Note that this ONLY an "on demand"
    scanner, and offers NO resident protection, but
    is an invaluable tool; there is NO better freeware
    "scanner".
    http://www.mwti.net/antivirus/free_utilities.asp

    On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 16:28:03 +0100, in
    <Xns9581A784D7776nlon@195.245.201.150>