    date using msconfig, but didn't work either.

    Really burns my tokus.

    Thanks in advance.
    Steak and potatoes, Nov 30, 2003

  2. Steak and potatoes

    Harrison Guest

    Use Hijackthis and remove the HOST file changes.

    Harrison, Nov 30, 2003

  3. On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 23:05:43 -0500, Harrison
    <> wrote:

    >Use Hijackthis and remove the HOST file changes.

    Excellent! Cleaned it all out. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

    Steak and potatoes, Nov 30, 2003
  4. Steak and potatoes

    Harrison Guest

    Glad to help.
    Consider Spyware Blaster as a preventative measure against future
    attacks.

    Harrison, Nov 30, 2003
  5. Steak and potatoes

    Richard Guest

    Steak! wrote:

    > Hi,

    > I get linked to "umaxsearch.com" whenever I go to my home page.
    > I get a metasearch or lucky search with google.com in the address bar
    > or yahoo.com whenever I want to go to yahoo or google.

    > What can I do to get rid of this problem. I've tried latest adaware
    > update and it didn't work. Tried to restore settings to a previous
    > date using msconfig, but didn't work either.

    > Really burns my tokus.

    > Thanks in advance.

    You'll find an entry in the registry. Open the regisrty, search for the
    domain name and delete all references to it.
    If you don't want to delete anything, rename the domain name to google or
    yahoo and say, "screw you bubba".
    Richard, Nov 30, 2003