    it in my computer, but it wouldn't let me open to delete. It keeps telling
    me to run AVG for windows. I've run AVG 5 times and each time it says the
    same thing, but how do I get rid of it.

    Linda, Apr 1, 2004

  2. Linda

    Patrick Guest

    Linda wrote:
    > I have the free version of AVG on my computer and it tests every
    > night.Yesterday it says I have a trojan horse in my windows file. I
    > found it in my computer, but it wouldn't let me open to delete. It
    > keeps telling me to run AVG for windows. I've run AVG 5 times and
    > each time it says the same thing, but how do I get rid of it.

    I do not know what you mean by 'windows file'
    If the actual location happens to be;
    C:\System Volume Information\
    then the Trojan/virus is in your 'System Restore' file, the solution in said
    circumstance is to turn-off 'System Restore' (loose all restore points) and
    then turn it on again (after reboot).

    If above does not help, then please give the name of the trojan/virus and
    it's location!

    Patrick, Apr 1, 2004

  3. Linda

    °Mike° Guest

    This is a guess, from your sparse details:

    Antivirus Tools Cannot Clean Infected Files in
    the _Restore Folder

    If you need further help, please include the name of
    the trojan, your operating system, the EXACT text
    of any error messages.

    On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 00:53:46 GMT, in
    <tKJac.49709$K91.118560@attbi_s02>
    Linda scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Apr 1, 2004
  4. Linda

    PuppyKatt Guest

    Housecall antivirus can not onlly scan for the virus, but also
    auto-clean them.

    "Linda" <> wrote in message
    : I have the free version of AVG on my computer and it tests every
    : night.Yesterday it says I have a trojan horse in my windows file. I
    found
    : it in my computer, but it wouldn't let me open to delete. It keeps
    telling
    : me to run AVG for windows. I've run AVG 5 times and each time it says
    the
    : same thing, but how do I get rid of it.
    :
    :

    PuppyKatt, Apr 1, 2004
  5. Linda

    Linda Guest

    This is exactly what it says:
    Trojan Horse downloader.Adroar.A is found in file
    C:\windows.ArUpdate.exe
    Last night I downloaded Avast and it found the virus, but then gave me about
    7 suggestions because it found a bunch of files that were dangerous,
    starting with delete 1 or delete all. I took the delete 1, trying to get
    rid of the 1 and after I rebooted it was still there.

    Linda, Apr 1, 2004
  6. On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 00:53:46 GMT, "Linda" <>,wrote:

    >I have the free version of AVG on my computer and it tests every
    >night.Yesterday it says I have a trojan horse in my windows file. I found
    >it in my computer, but it wouldn't let me open to delete. It keeps telling
    >me to run AVG for windows. I've run AVG 5 times and each time it says the
    >same thing, but how do I get rid of it.

    turn off the fucking AVG and delete the fucking file.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22=B0Mike=B0=22?=, Apr 1, 2004
  7. Linda

    Boomer Guest

    "Linda" <> wrote in

    > This is exactly what it says:
    > Trojan Horse downloader.Adroar.A is found in file
    > C:\windows.ArUpdate.exe
    > Last night I downloaded Avast and it found the virus, but then
    > gave me about 7 suggestions because it found a bunch of files that
    > were dangerous, starting with delete 1 or delete all. I took the
    > delete 1, trying to get rid of the 1 and after I rebooted it was
    > still there.

    See if this will help.
    http://www.kephyr.com/spywarescanner/library/adroar/index.phtml

    Also search for Adroar, via Google.com, for more information.

    Boomer, Apr 1, 2004