    Internet Suite 6, and my ani malware claiming that a "downloader
    alphabet B Trojan" is present. Disabling the Kaspersky, the trojan
    disappears, until the next reboot. Helpppppppppppppppp

    serracino, Jun 9, 2007

  2. serracino

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "serracino" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have downloaded a trial version of the latest version of Kaspersky
    > Internet Suite 6, and my ani malware claiming that a "downloader
    > alphabet B Trojan" is present. Disabling the Kaspersky, the trojan
    > disappears, until the next reboot. Helpppppppppppppppp

    And we're supposed to GUESS what your "ani malware" <sic> is? Personally,
    I'd be MUCH more inclined to trust Kaspersky than most other software out
    there.

    WhzzKdd, Jun 9, 2007

  3. serracino wrote:

    > I have downloaded a trial version of the latest version of Kaspersky
    > Internet Suite 6, and my ani malware claiming that a "downloader
    > alphabet B Trojan" is present. Disabling the Kaspersky, the trojan
    > disappears, until the next reboot. Helpppppppppppppppp

    Trojans/rootkits and virus scanners often use similar techniques, so a
    somehow heuristic scanner may find a false positive.
    If you downloaded the trial from a trusted (no e-mailed link, did you type
    the URL?) source, you can assume a false positive.

    Walter Mautner, Jun 9, 2007
  4. WhzzKdd wrote:
    > "serracino" <> wrote in message
    >>I have downloaded a trial version of the latest version of Kaspersky
    >> Internet Suite 6, and my ani malware claiming that a "downloader
    >> alphabet B Trojan" is present. Disabling the Kaspersky, the trojan
    >> disappears, until the next reboot. Helpppppppppppppppp
    >>

    > And we're supposed to GUESS what your "ani malware" <sic> is? Personally,
    > I'd be MUCH more inclined to trust Kaspersky than most other software out
    > there.

    ....and someone posting from Google Groups? :)

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Jun 9, 2007
  5. serracino

    serracino Guest

    On 9 Jun, 16:38, "WhzzKdd" <frack_this@email_is.invalid> wrote:
    > "serracino" <> wrote in message

    > >I have downloaded a trial version of the latest version ofKaspersky
    > > Internet Suite 6, and my ani malware claiming that a "downloader
    > > alphabet B Trojan" is present. Disabling theKaspersky, the trojan
    > > disappears, until the next reboot. Helpppppppppppppppp

    > And we're supposed to GUESS what your "ani malware" <sic> is? Personally,
    > I'd be MUCH more inclined to trustKasperskythan most other software out
    > there.

    My anti-malware is XSOFTSPY SE latest version 4.31

    serracino, Jun 9, 2007
  6. serracino

    serracino Guest

    On 9 Jun, 19:47, Blinky the Shark <> wrote:
    > WhzzKdd wrote:
    > > "serracino" <> wrote in message
    > >>I have downloaded a trial version of the latest version ofKaspersky
    > >> Internet Suite 6, and my ani malware claiming that a "downloader
    > >> alphabet B Trojan" is present. Disabling theKaspersky, the trojan
    > >> disappears, until the next reboot. Helpppppppppppppppp

    > > And we're supposed to GUESS what your "ani malware" <sic> is? Personally,
    > > I'd be MUCH more inclined to trustKasperskythan most other software out
    > > there.

    > ...and someone posting from Google Groups? :)
    >
    > --
    > Blinky RLU 297263
    > Killing all posts from Google Groups
    > The Usenet Improvement Project:http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html

    My anti-malware is XSOFTSPY SE 4.31

    serracino, Jun 9, 2007
  7. serracino

    Plato Guest

    serracino wrote:

    > I have downloaded a trial version of the latest version of Kaspersky
    > Internet Suite 6, and my ani malware claiming that a "downloader
    > alphabet B Trojan" is present. Disabling the Kaspersky, the trojan
    > disappears, until the next reboot. Helpppppppppppppppp

    Could always be a false positive. It happens even if you use the best
    software that is totally safe. Thing is, lets say you develop this grand
    perfectly OK ware and some anti-virus, anti-spyware says you got a
    problem, the Author wont even listen to the developer of new ware they
    are just ignored, forcing the developer to modify his/her ware.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Jun 10, 2007
  8. serracino

    Plato Guest

    serracino wrote:

    > I have downloaded a trial version of the latest version of Kaspersky
    > Internet Suite 6, and my ani malware claiming that a "downloader
    > alphabet B Trojan" is present. Disabling the Kaspersky, the trojan
    > disappears, until the next reboot. Helpppppppppppppppp

    False positive, Kaspersky is 100% safe and real and has no problems,
    even if you download it from here:

    http://www.bootdisk.com/housecall/004.htm#1

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Jun 10, 2007
  9. serracino

    Bullseye Guest

    On Sat, 09 Jun 2007 13:23:29 -0700, serracino wrote:

    > On 9 Jun, 16:38, "WhzzKdd" <frack_this@email_is.invalid> wrote:
    >> "serracino" <> wrote in message

    >>>I have downloaded a trial version of the latest version ofKaspersky
    >>> Internet Suite 6, and my ani malware claiming that a "downloader
    >>> alphabet B Trojan" is present. Disabling theKaspersky, the trojan
    >>> disappears, until the next reboot. Helpppppppppppppppp

    >> And we're supposed to GUESS what your "ani malware" <sic> is? Personally,
    >> I'd be MUCH more inclined to trustKasperskythan most other software out
    >> there.

    > My anti-malware is XSOFTSPY SE latest version 4.31

    Sorry, but Xsoftspy is a piece of junk and once on the rogue antimalware
    list itself. It is at the bottom of the line as far as antispyware apps
    go, and has a history of finding false positives. Kaspersky, on the other
    hand, is a top of the line antivirus and the company is one of the most
    reputable. I would suggest uninstalled Xoftspy immediately and go with
    something much more reliable, like Superantispyware, which scanner you can
    use for free.

    Bullseye, Jun 10, 2007