    They are in my C/_/restore/temp folder.

    Any ideas on how i can kill the little buggas??

    Many thanks

    anOLDun, Apr 19, 2005

  2. anOLDun

    °Mike° Guest

    Antivirus Tools Cannot Clean Infected Files in the _Restore Folder
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=263455

    In <4265830e$>,
    anOLDun took 19 lines to utter:

    >Lo All
    >OW = WinME
    >
    >I have 5 trojan horse virus' on PC......... AVG finds them..
    >"heals" them .then I get a message saying:-
    >
    >"To complete the healing process re-start the computer"
    >
    >Which i have now done 4 times.coz everytime i re scan the virus' are still
    >there.
    >
    >They are in my C/_/restore/temp folder.
    >
    >Any ideas on how i can kill the little buggas??
    >
    >Many thanks

    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Apr 19, 2005

  3. anOLDun

    WormWood Guest

    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPOR...2001012513122239?OpenDocument&src=sec_doc_nam
    ~OR~
    < http://tinylink.com/?srrjt3TUCS >
    This should make the removal job safe and easy. Be sure to read all of
    the page then you're ready to fly.

    WormWood, Apr 20, 2005
  4. anOLDun

    anOLDun Guest

    Yo Mike

    Thanks for the link..........
    disabled then re enabled the restore option ......pc now virus free
    Cheers

    anOLDun, Apr 20, 2005
  5. anOLDun

    WormWood Guest

    Never mind, too late....°Mike°'s the Man!

    WormWood, Apr 20, 2005
  6. anOLDun

    °Mike° Guest

    You're welcome.

    In <4265986c$>,
    anOLDun took 40 lines to utter:

    >Yo Mike
    >
    >Thanks for the link..........
    >disabled then re enabled the restore option ......pc now virus free
    >Cheers

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Apr 20, 2005
  7. anOLDun

    Plato Guest

    anOLDun wrote:

    Disable system restore and make sure all points in the restore folder
    are gone before you tackle the nasty.

    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Apr 21, 2005