    How do I get rid of it?

    In laymans terms please.

    TIA
    Ian, Nov 19, 2003

  2. Ian

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Nov 19, 2003

  3. Ian

    SgtMinor Guest

    SgtMinor, Nov 19, 2003
  4. Ian

    Ian Guest

    > How did you *discover* this?

    Was searching through ng's for info on the SWEN problem when I came
    across a site called:

    http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

    So I ran this free virus check, however it wasn't able to delete or
    access file as it said it was in use!

    I have an anti virus program (Norton AntiVirus 2003 Pro)and am sure
    it is up to date, however after discovering the trojan with Housecall,
    I ran Norton AV and it never picked it up!!
    Ian, Nov 19, 2003
  5. Ian

    SgtMinor Guest

    If you weren't able to get rid of it using the steps suggested by
    Sophos, here's some more info about Swen and more links to AV sites with
    removal instructions:
    http://reviews-zdnet.com.com/4520-6600_16-5078666.html

    SgtMinor, Nov 19, 2003
  6. Ian

    Ian Guest

    I checked this site out for the SWEN issue

    > http://reviews-zdnet.com.com/4520-6600_16-5078666.html

    and found it advised downloading a patch MS01-020, however, I noticed
    there was a patch MS01-027 which superceded previous, so I went to
    download that and found I had to be running IE5.5, I have IE6, so
    guess either that wouldn't work or Microsoft had inbuilt this into
    IE6.

    Anyway, back to the trojan issue. I researched a bit more and found
    some advice to remove WIN32 by going to ADD/Remove programs, which I
    did and ran the virus check again at

    > > http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

    and found it had been successfully removed, apparently with no ill
    effects so far!!

    Thanks for all advice given.
    Ian, Nov 19, 2003
  7. Ian

    SgtMinor Guest

    Ian wrote:

    > I checked this site out for the SWEN issue
    >
    > > http://reviews-zdnet.com.com/4520-6600_16-5078666.html

    > and found it advised downloading a patch MS01-020, however, I noticed
    > there was a patch MS01-027 which superceded previous, so I went to
    > download that and found I had to be running IE5.5, I have IE6, so
    > guess either that wouldn't work or Microsoft had inbuilt this into
    > IE6.
    >
    > Anyway, back to the trojan issue. I researched a bit more and found
    > some advice to remove WIN32 by going to ADD/Remove programs, which I
    > did and ran the virus check again at
    >
    > > > http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

    > and found it had been successfully removed, apparently with no ill
    > effects so far!!
    >
    > Thanks for all advice given.

    That's good to hear. And you're welcome.
    SgtMinor, Nov 19, 2003