TROJ_AGENT.FZ question

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by PackRat2112, Aug 18, 2005.

  1. PackRat2112

    PackRat2112 Guest

    info:
    Toshiba laptop w/3.2ghz p4
    running windows home ed. w/sp2

    I'm trying to remove TROJ_AGENT.FZ from my sisters laptop (i have it
    here at my house not connected to the inter net)

    i did a bunch of google searching and i think i found a fix, but, i
    requires the computer to be stared in safe mode, run
    processexplorernt.exe (that i have already on the desk top). then i'm
    suppose to high light explorer.exe and "kill" a couple of enteries.

    the problem that i'm having with this is that while in safe mode the
    desktop may or may not appear. sometimes it quickly flashes a small
    window that says something that i don't have time to read and all i'm
    left with is a black screen with "safemode" on the four corners, and
    sometimes i get the desktop just long enough to start
    processexplorernt.exe, (which opens up fine), and i go to highlight
    explorer.exe but it disappears, and that little flashy window that i
    can't read again goes by, then the desktop disappears with
    processexplorernt.exe still running, but i can't do anything with it
    because now i can't access explorer.exe.

    vary frusterating.

    that little window that flashes up says something about downloading
    something ... i don't know. :-(

    is there a setting or something that i can make "safemode" work?

    tia, PackRat2112

    PackRat2112, Aug 18, 2005

  2. PackRat2112

    Harrison Guest

    On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 19:07:21 GMT, PackRat2112 <> wrote:

    >info:
    >Toshiba laptop w/3.2ghz p4
    >running windows home ed. w/sp2
    >

    > I'm trying to remove TROJ_AGENT.FZ from my sisters laptop (i have it
    >here at my house not connected to the inter net)
    >
    > i did a bunch of google searching and i think i found a fix, but, i
    >requires the computer to be stared in safe mode, run
    >processexplorernt.exe (that i have already on the desk top). then i'm
    >suppose to high light explorer.exe and "kill" a couple of enteries.
    >
    > the problem that i'm having with this is that while in safe mode the
    >desktop may or may not appear. sometimes it quickly flashes a small
    >window that says something that i don't have time to read and all i'm
    >left with is a black screen with "safemode" on the four corners, and
    >sometimes i get the desktop just long enough to start
    >processexplorernt.exe, (which opens up fine), and i go to highlight
    >explorer.exe but it disappears, and that little flashy window that i
    >can't read again goes by, then the desktop disappears with
    >processexplorernt.exe still running, but i can't do anything with it
    >because now i can't access explorer.exe.
    >
    >vary frusterating.
    >
    > that little window that flashes up says something about downloading
    >something ... i don't know. :-(
    >
    >is there a setting or something that i can make "safemode" work?
    >
    >tia, PackRat2112

    Why are you trying to kill explorer.exe?
    That's what's making the screen go blank.

    Harrison, Aug 18, 2005

  3. PackRat2112

    PackRat2112 Guest

    Harrison <Harrison> wrote in

    > On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 19:07:21 GMT, PackRat2112 <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>info:
    >>Toshiba laptop w/3.2ghz p4
    >>running windows home ed. w/sp2
    >>

    >> I'm trying to remove TROJ_AGENT.FZ from my sisters laptop (i have
    >> it
    >>here at my house not connected to the inter net)
    >>
    >> i did a bunch of google searching and i think i found a fix, but, i
    >>requires the computer to be stared in safe mode, run
    >>processexplorernt.exe (that i have already on the desk top). then i'm
    >>suppose to high light explorer.exe and "kill" a couple of enteries.
    >>
    >> the problem that i'm having with this is that while in safe mode
    >> the
    >>desktop may or may not appear. sometimes it quickly flashes a small
    >>window that says something that i don't have time to read and all i'm
    >>left with is a black screen with "safemode" on the four corners, and
    >>sometimes i get the desktop just long enough to start
    >>processexplorernt.exe, (which opens up fine), and i go to highlight
    >>explorer.exe but it disappears, and that little flashy window that i
    >>can't read again goes by, then the desktop disappears with
    >>processexplorernt.exe still running, but i can't do anything with it
    >>because now i can't access explorer.exe.
    >>
    >>vary frusterating.
    >>
    >> that little window that flashes up says something about downloading
    >>something ... i don't know. :-(
    >>
    >>is there a setting or something that i can make "safemode" work?
    >>
    >>tia, PackRat2112
    >>

    > Why are you trying to kill explorer.exe?
    > That's what's making the screen go blank.

    > News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the
    > World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms -
    > Total Privacy via Encryption =----

    not trying to kill explorer..
    just access its properties.

    here is what it says to do once
    Process Explorer is running.

    Reboot into safe mode.

    Unzip Process Explorer and double click on procexp.exe

    In the top section of the Process Exlporer screen double click on
    winlogon.exe to bring up the winlogon.exe properties screen. Click on the
    Threads tab at the top.

    Once you see this screen click on each instance oledoc.dll once and then
    click the kill button.

    After you have killed all of the oledoc.dll 's under winlogon click ok.

    Next double click on explorer.exe and again click once on each instance
    of oledoc.dll then click the kill button. Once you have done that click
    ok again.

    Restart HijackThis and put checks next to the following, close all
    browser windows (including this one) then click on 'Fix Checked':

    PackRat2112, Aug 18, 2005
  4. PackRat2112

    PackRat2112 Guest

    PackRat2112 <> wrote in

    > Harrison <Harrison> wrote in
    >
    >> On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 19:07:21 GMT, PackRat2112 <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>info:
    >>>Toshiba laptop w/3.2ghz p4
    >>>running windows home ed. w/sp2
    >>>

    >>> I'm trying to remove TROJ_AGENT.FZ from my sisters laptop (i have
    >>> it
    >>>here at my house not connected to the inter net)
    >>>
    >>> i did a bunch of google searching and i think i found a fix, but,
    >>>requires the computer to be stared in safe mode, run
    >>>processexplorernt.exe (that i have already on the desk top). then i'm
    >>>suppose to high light explorer.exe and "kill" a couple of enteries.
    >>>
    >>> the problem that i'm having with this is that while in safe mode
    >>> the
    >>>desktop may or may not appear. sometimes it quickly flashes a small
    >>>window that says something that i don't have time to read and all i'm
    >>>left with is a black screen with "safemode" on the four corners, and
    >>>sometimes i get the desktop just long enough to start
    >>>processexplorernt.exe, (which opens up fine), and i go to highlight
    >>>explorer.exe but it disappears, and that little flashy window that i
    >>>can't read again goes by, then the desktop disappears with
    >>>processexplorernt.exe still running, but i can't do anything with it
    >>>because now i can't access explorer.exe.
    >>>
    >>>vary frusterating.
    >>>
    >>> that little window that flashes up says something about
    >>> downloading
    >>>something ... i don't know. :-(
    >>>
    >>>is there a setting or something that i can make "safemode" work?
    >>>
    >>>tia, PackRat2112
    >>>

    >> Why are you trying to kill explorer.exe?
    >> That's what's making the screen go blank.

    >> News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the
    >> World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms -
    >> Total Privacy via Encryption =----
    >>

    > not trying to kill explorer..
    > just access its properties.
    >

    > here is what it says to do once
    > Process Explorer is running.
    >

    > Reboot into safe mode.
    >
    > Unzip Process Explorer and double click on procexp.exe
    >
    > In the top section of the Process Exlporer screen double click on
    > winlogon.exe to bring up the winlogon.exe properties screen. Click on
    > the Threads tab at the top.
    >
    > Once you see this screen click on each instance oledoc.dll once and
    > then click the kill button.
    >
    > After you have killed all of the oledoc.dll 's under winlogon click
    > ok.
    >
    > Next double click on explorer.exe and again click once on each
    > instance of oledoc.dll then click the kill button. Once you have done
    > that click ok again.
    >
    > Restart HijackThis and put checks next to the following, close all
    > browser windows (including this one) then click on 'Fix Checked':

    i guess nobody knows what i'm talking about.

    PackRat2112, Aug 19, 2005
  5. In article Xns96B67B81423DEEuropaJupiternet@208.49.80.60,
    PackRat2112 <> said:
    -->
[...]

    If you can get on the internet, got to trendmicro,com and use
    'housecall'. It's really free and works!

    Luke O'Malley, Aug 27, 2005
  6. PackRat2112

    dragonarok

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2007
    Messages:
    2
    What he mean is, when in safemode the explorer.exe try to load itself but disappear within a few second. All that is left on the screen is a black screen with safemode wallpaper background. I also have this same problem, but it might be a different type of trojan/virus for me. I have clean and scanned using everything from Hijack/Norton 2007/Noadaware/Xoftspy. So far it's no used for me, it seem like in my safemode every reg/process in normal is still active. I cant do a search and destroy file manual. They all are running, as if it wasn't in safemode. I think it's weird because usually in safemode everything is cut off except windows files.

    Last edited: Jul 23, 2007
    dragonarok, Jul 23, 2007