    have had the same problem, but no resolution

    Using trixbox 1.0 on DMZ hosted PC

    Thanks
    RH, Jul 10, 2006

  2. RH wrote:
    > Anyone got any advice on a small issue. I need a new phone number which I
    > can rely on so got a geographic number from Voipfone and patched that into
    > my home Trixbox system which I am nd have been testing for a while.
    >
    > I can get it working for inbound and outbound, but what I am finding is that
    > it appears to fail to keep its registration, after an hour or so if I try
    > and call it I just get voicemail message from voipfone
    > If I reboot it then works fine for a while,
    >
    > My sipgate accounts do not fail like this.
    >
    > Anyone got any ideas? the forum on voipfone seems to have several people who
    > have had the same problem, but no resolution
    >
    > Using trixbox 1.0 on DMZ hosted PC
    >
    > Thanks

    are you using their old or new network?

    reg proxy of the new network is sip.voipfone.co.uk this might help

    Mat
    Mathew Curtis, Jul 10, 2006

  3. RH

    RH Guest

    "Mathew Curtis" <> wrote in message
    > RH wrote:
    >> Anyone got any advice on a small issue. I need a new phone number which I
    >> can rely on so got a geographic number from Voipfone and patched that
    >> into
    >> my home Trixbox system which I am nd have been testing for a while.
    >>
    >> I can get it working for inbound and outbound, but what I am finding is
    >> that
    >> it appears to fail to keep its registration, after an hour or so if I try
    >> and call it I just get voicemail message from voipfone
    >> If I reboot it then works fine for a while,
    >>
    >> My sipgate accounts do not fail like this.
    >>
    >> Anyone got any ideas? the forum on voipfone seems to have several people
    >> who
    >> have had the same problem, but no resolution
    >>
    >> Using trixbox 1.0 on DMZ hosted PC
    >>
    >> Thanks

    > are you using their old or new network?
    >
    > reg proxy of the new network is sip.voipfone.co.uk this might help
    >
    > Mat

    Tried on both voipfone.co.uk and sip.voipfone.co.uk

    Got it working by adding RTPkeepalive=60 in sip.conf, which seems to have
    work.

    now struggling on getting voicemail to work. I swear the whole point of open
    source software
    is to make things as complicated as painful as possible!
    RH, Jul 10, 2006
  4. RH

    Graham. Guest

    "RH" <> wrote in message

    > "Mathew Curtis" <> wrote in message
    >> RH wrote:
    >>> Anyone got any advice on a small issue. I need a new phone number which
    >>> can rely on so got a geographic number from Voipfone and patched that
    >>> into
    >>> my home Trixbox system which I am nd have been testing for a while.
    >>>
    >>> I can get it working for inbound and outbound, but what I am finding is
    >>> that
    >>> it appears to fail to keep its registration, after an hour or so if I
    >>> try
    >>> and call it I just get voicemail message from voipfone
    >>> If I reboot it then works fine for a while,
    >>>
    >>> My sipgate accounts do not fail like this.
    >>>
    >>> Anyone got any ideas? the forum on voipfone seems to have several people
    >>> who
    >>> have had the same problem, but no resolution
    >>>
    >>> Using trixbox 1.0 on DMZ hosted PC
    >>>
    >>> Thanks

    >> are you using their old or new network?
    >>
    >> reg proxy of the new network is sip.voipfone.co.uk this might help
    >>
    >> Mat

    > Tried on both voipfone.co.uk and sip.voipfone.co.uk
    >
    > Got it working by adding RTPkeepalive=60 in sip.conf, which seems to have
    > work.
    >
    > now struggling on getting voicemail to work. I swear the whole point of
    > open source software
    > is to make things as complicated as painful as possible!

    I have the same issue with VoIPCHEAP
    I have tried various values in defaultexpirey= and maxexpirey= I will try
    RTPkeepalive= and see if it helps
    using AAH 2.7

    --
    Graham.
    %Profound_observation%
    Graham., Jul 10, 2006
  5. On 10 Jul 2006 21:50:46 +0200, "Graham." <> wrote:

    >I have the same issue with VoIPCHEAP
    >I have tried various values in defaultexpirey= and maxexpirey= I will try
    >RTPkeepalive= and see if it helps
    >using AAH 2.7

    Not trying to be facetious, but should it be defualtexpiry &
    maxexpiry?
    Darren J Longhorn, Jul 11, 2006