    internal aprt working I can't get out going in in coming calls working
    through voiptalk.

    Cheers Glenn

    glenn, Sep 7, 2006

  2. glenn

    Jono Guest

    glenn formulated the question :
    > Hi all
    >
    > I need a beginners guide to Trixbox. I have read some stuff on the net which
    > gives me the basics, which is fine if they work but they don't tell you why
    > or what you are entering. I am new to all this and although I have the
    > internal aprt working I can't get out going in in coming calls working
    > through voiptalk.
    >
    > Cheers Glenn

    Have a look at this thread:
    <http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk.telecom.voip/tree/browse_frm/thread/6f602f2a3e0468a1/e90748215e800e83?rnum=21&hl=en&q=unbeatable+voiptalk+offer%3F&_done=%2Fgroup%2Fuk.telecom.voip%2Fbrowse_frm%2Fthread%2F6f602f2a3e0468a1%2F67637652895864be%3Ftvc%3D1%26q%3Dunbeatable+voiptalk+offer%3F%26hl%3Den%26#doc_3fae756fba793790>

    Also, <http://nerdvittles.com> is as good a place as any to start

    Jono, Sep 7, 2006

  3. glenn

    Sean Guest

    glenn wrote:
    > Hi all
    >
    > I need a beginners guide to Trixbox. I have read some stuff on the net which
    > gives me the basics, which is fine if they work but they don't tell you why
    > or what you are entering. I am new to all this and although I have the
    > internal aprt working I can't get out going in in coming calls working
    > through voiptalk.
    >
    > Cheers Glenn

    I can chat to you on phone and help best i can with trixbox too.

    I'm just about to make the switch from asterisk @ home 2.7 to trixbox in
    the next few weeks! :)

    Sean, Sep 9, 2006
  4. glenn

    Jono Guest

    Sean wrote :
    >> I need a beginners guide to Trixbox. I have read some stuff on the net
    >> which gives me the basics, which is fine if they work but they don't tell
    >> you why or what you are entering. I am new to all this and although I have
    >> the internal aprt working I can't get out going in in coming calls working
    >> through voiptalk.

    > I can chat to you on phone and help best i can with trixbox too.
    >
    > I'm just about to make the switch from asterisk @ home 2.7 to trixbox in the
    > next few weeks! :)

    I thought you were hanging fire. I certainly am......apparently call
    recording is still goosed, well calls directed at a ring group, anyway.

    Jono, Sep 9, 2006
  5. glenn

    Sean Guest

    Jono wrote:

    > I thought you were hanging fire. I certainly am......apparently call
    > recording is still goosed, well calls directed at a ring group, anyway.

    Explain?

    Get yourself on google talk too, not spoke to you for ages!

    Sean, Sep 9, 2006
  6. glenn

    Jono Guest

    "Sean" <> wrote in message
    > Jono wrote:
    >
    >> I thought you were hanging fire. I certainly am......apparently call
    >> recording is still goosed, well calls directed at a ring group, anyway.
    >>

    > Explain?

    AAH2.8 introduced a bug in the call recording routine - if you set your
    extensions up to record every call, it didn't record incoming calls that go
    to a ring group.

    I beleive Trixbox still exhibits this behaviour.............I know paul123
    has seen some odd behaviour with it.

    > Get yourself on google talk too, not spoke to you for ages!

    Yeah, sorry 'bout that.

    Jono, Sep 10, 2006
  7. glenn

    Sean Guest

    Jono wrote:

    > AAH2.8 introduced a bug in the call recording routine - if you set your
    > extensions up to record every call, it didn't record incoming calls that go
    > to a ring group.
    >
    > I beleive Trixbox still exhibits this behaviour.............I know paul123
    > has seen some odd behaviour with it.

    Ah, will i'm sure the bug will be removed, and it will be possible to
    upgrade it easily... I hope!

    The reason i am moving..... My current instilation has gone a bit wrong!
    Whenever i boot it up, or change a setting/reload conf's it takes about
    10 minutes before asterisk is fully working again. This is just not right!

    So i'm expecting a 200Gb hard disk i've ordered to turn up soon, so i
    shall install trixbox on there. Will put my current HDD in another PC
    and have both asterisk @ home and trixbox running for a little while,
    during this time i can be copying over my settings.

    Already been messing with trixbox, it seems to be faster than a@h! And
    its currently in a PC with much worse specs.

    Sean, Sep 10, 2006
  8. glenn

    Guest

    I have installed trixbox, and I can make internal call between
    extensions using our softphone but whenever we try to make any external
    calls we get the error all circuits are busy. We have Vonage phone
    service. Does anyone have any ideas?

    Sean wrote:
    > glenn wrote:
    > > Hi all
    > >
    > > I need a beginners guide to Trixbox. I have read some stuff on the net which
    > > gives me the basics, which is fine if they work but they don't tell you why
    > > or what you are entering. I am new to all this and although I have the
    > > internal aprt working I can't get out going in in coming calls working
    > > through voiptalk.
    > >
    > > Cheers Glenn
    > >

    > I can chat to you on phone and help best i can with trixbox too.
    >
    > I'm just about to make the switch from asterisk @ home 2.7 to trixbox in
    > the next few weeks! :)

    , Oct 4, 2006
  9. glenn

    Jono Guest

    <> wrote in message
    >> > I need a beginners guide to Trixbox. I have read some stuff on the net
    >> > which
    >> > gives me the basics, which is fine if they work but they don't tell you
    >> > why
    >> > or what you are entering. I am new to all this and although I have the
    >> > internal aprt working I can't get out going in in coming calls working
    >> > through voiptalk.
    >> >
    >> > Cheers Glenn
    >> >

    >> I can chat to you on phone and help best i can with trixbox too.
    >>
    >> I'm just about to make the switch from asterisk @ home 2.7 to trixbox in
    >> the next few weeks! :)

    > I have installed trixbox, and I can make internal call between
    > extensions using our softphone but whenever we try to make any external
    > calls we get the error all circuits are busy. We have Vonage phone
    > service. Does anyone have any ideas?

    Have you configured any Trunks?

    Have you configured an outbound route?

    Jono, Oct 4, 2006