    package of Trixbox for Windows XP. Although preconfigged with US
    dialplans etc, it's easily adapted (so they say) to UK and
    international dialling. More at: http://nerdvittles.com/index.php?cat=3

    paul123, Aug 17, 2006

  2. paul123

    Sparks Guest

    "paul123" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Here's something for those who want to have a taste of Asterisk/Trixbox
    > but don't have a spare machine to install onto.
    >
    > As of today, Nerdvittles have put together a preconfigured VMware
    > package of Trixbox for Windows XP. Although preconfigged with US
    > dialplans etc, it's easily adapted (so they say) to UK and
    > international dialling. More at: http://nerdvittles.com/index.php?cat=3

    Looks interesting, but why the HELL is that link pointing at a single
    document over 400 pages long - Bloody hell, that has got to be the longest
    single page I have ever seen!!

    Sparks, Aug 18, 2006

  3. paul123

    paul123 Guest

    Sparks wrote:

    > Looks interesting, but why the HELL is that link pointing at a single
    > document over 400 pages long - Bloody hell, that has got to be the longest
    > single page I have ever seen!!

    ....sorry!

    paul123, Aug 18, 2006
  4. paul123

    Sparks Guest

    "paul123" <> wrote in message

    > Sparks wrote:
    >>
    >> Looks interesting, but why the HELL is that link pointing at a single
    >> document over 400 pages long - Bloody hell, that has got to be the
    >> longest
    >> single page I have ever seen!!

    > ...sorry!

    :) I wasn't having a go at you!

    Just installed it to have a play - It's really easy to install :0)

    Sparks, Aug 18, 2006
  5. paul123

    paul123 Guest

    Sparks wrote:
    > "paul123" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Sparks wrote:
    > >>
    > >> Looks interesting, but why the HELL is that link pointing at a single
    > >> document over 400 pages long - Bloody hell, that has got to be the
    > >> longest
    > >> single page I have ever seen!!

    > > ...sorry!
    > >

    > :) I wasn't having a go at you!

    No wurries

    > Just installed it to have a play - It's really easy to install :0)

    Yeah, I installed it yesterday afternoon in about half an hour.
    Cracking!

    paul123, Aug 18, 2006
  6. paul123

    Les Desser Guest

    In article <>,
    paul123 <> Thu, 17 Aug 2006 06:55:54 writes

    >As of today, Nerdvittles have put together a preconfigured VMware
    >package of Trixbox for Windows XP

    Is it only for XP or would it work on W2K?
    --
    Les Desser
    (The Reply-to address IS valid)

    Les Desser, Aug 20, 2006
  7. paul123

    paul123 Guest

    Les Desser wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > paul123 <> Thu, 17 Aug 2006 06:55:54 writes
    >
    > >As of today, Nerdvittles have put together a preconfigured VMware
    > >package of Trixbox for Windows XP

    > Is it only for XP or would it work on W2K?

    Dunno, but to quote the article:

    " It [the PC on which you install the software] should be running a
    fully-patched, current version of Windows XP with at least 384MB of RAM
    and 3 spare gigs of disk space."

    This suggests not.

    paul123, Aug 20, 2006
  8. paul123

    Les Desser Guest

    In article <>,
    paul123 <> Sun, 20 Aug 2006 01:02:12 writes

    >Dunno, but to quote the article:
    >
    >" It [the PC on which you install the software] should be running a
    >fully-patched, current version of Windows XP with at least 384MB of RAM
    >and 3 spare gigs of disk space."

    Gave it a try on my W2K Pro

    The player installed - though took quite a while to do it.

    Killed my network connections in the process and created chaos with open
    applications that suddenly lost their connections.

    Looks like two new IP addresses were configured during the install -
    192.168.182.1 and 192.168.254.1 even though my own network is on
    10.27.27...

    Rather naughty to do this without prior warning - especially as it
    anyway requires a re-boot.

    On re-boot the shortcut to load my email client had disappeared from the
    Startup folder - strange.

    Need a breather - will try Tribox a bit later.

    Les Desser, Aug 20, 2006
  9. paul123

    jasee Guest

    Les Desser wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > paul123 <> Sun, 20 Aug 2006 01:02:12 writes
    >
    >> Dunno, but to quote the article:
    >>
    >> " It [the PC on which you install the software] should be running a
    >> fully-patched, current version of Windows XP with at least 384MB of
    >> RAM and 3 spare gigs of disk space."

    > Gave it a try on my W2K Pro
    >
    > The player installed - though took quite a while to do it.
    >
    > Killed my network connections in the process and created chaos with
    > open applications that suddenly lost their connections.

    > Need a breather - will try Tribox a bit later.

    Tribox installed on VMworkstion 5 ok, on W2K server as it happens. No
    network problems AFAICT.

    jasee, Aug 20, 2006