Trixbox - Having another go!

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Telephoneman, Aug 22, 2006.

  1. Telephoneman

    Telephoneman Guest

    Having wiped XP off a perfectly good PC and loaded the Linux ISO I failed
    miserably to get Trixbox working. The box sits redundant in the corner :)

    Encouraged by earlier posts I decided to have a go with the Nerdvittles
    pre-configured Trixbox running on the virtual machine on my own XP machine.
    I followed the instructions and everything is loaded up OK.

    My router is a Speedtouch 716G and I've successfully set up extns 500 and
    501 on the analogue ports. I can call and talk OK between phones. OK, next
    step talk to the outside world. I built a new trunk and put in the details
    for my Voiptalk (SIP) account. I then put a route in with a dial pattern of
    X. for voiptalk and in the incoming routes I've set it so that for any CLI
    calls will go to 500.

    2 problems: The first is - I can dial out OK but when the call is answered
    they can hear me but I can't hear them. I assume this is a Router issue?
    I've put the Trixbox machine in the DMZ and set up IP filtering to allow IP
    filtering as follows;

    Source IP Dest IP Port Start Port End
    All All 5004 5069
    All All 49152 65535
    All All 10001 20000
    All All 4569 4569

    I've entered the above for both TCP and UDP, Incoming and Outgoing.

    Any ideas on where I've gone wrong?

    The second problem is that I can't get any incoming calls on the Voiptalk
    number - they go straight to Voiptalk voicemail. My settings in FreePBX are
    as follows;

    Trunk Name Voiptalk

    Host=voiptalk.org
    secret=my voiptalk password
    type=peer
    username=844*****

    Incoming settings

    User context 844*****

    User Details:
    context=from-trunk
    secret=my voiptalk password
    type=user

    Registration
    Register string: 844*****:my voiptalk

    I'll be very grateful for any help you can give.

    TIA

    Liam

    Telephoneman, Aug 22, 2006

  2. Telephoneman

    paul123 Guest

    Telephoneman wrote:
    > Having wiped XP off a perfectly good PC and loaded the Linux ISO I failed
    > miserably to get Trixbox working. The box sits redundant in the corner :)
    >
    > Encouraged by earlier posts I decided to have a go with the Nerdvittles
    > pre-configured Trixbox running on the virtual machine on my own XP machine.
    > I followed the instructions and everything is loaded up OK.
    >
    > My router is a Speedtouch 716G and I've successfully set up extns 500 and
    > 501 on the analogue ports. I can call and talk OK between phones. OK, next
    > step talk to the outside world. I built a new trunk and put in the details
    > for my Voiptalk (SIP) account. I then put a route in with a dial pattern of
    > X. for voiptalk and in the incoming routes I've set it so that for any CLI
    > calls will go to 500.
    >
    > 2 problems: The first is - I can dial out OK but when the call is answered
    > they can hear me but I can't hear them. I assume this is a Router issue?
    > I've put the Trixbox machine in the DMZ and set up IP filtering to allow IP
    > filtering as follows;
    >
    > Source IP Dest IP Port Start Port End
    > All All 5004 5069
    > All All 49152 65535
    > All All 10001 20000
    > All All 4569 4569
    >
    > I've entered the above for both TCP and UDP, Incoming and Outgoing.
    >
    > Any ideas on where I've gone wrong?
    >
    > The second problem is that I can't get any incoming calls on the Voiptalk
    > number - they go straight to Voiptalk voicemail. My settings in FreePBX are
    > as follows;
    >
    > Trunk Name Voiptalk
    >
    > Host=voiptalk.org
    > secret=my voiptalk password
    > type=peer
    > username=844*****
    >
    > Incoming settings
    >
    > User context 844*****
    >
    > User Details:
    > context=from-trunk
    > secret=my voiptalk password
    > type=user
    >
    > Registration
    > Register string: 844*****:my voiptalk
    >
    > I'll be very grateful for any help you can give.

    Hey Liam,
    this thread is where I posted my voiptalk settings. There might be one
    or two other little tweaks necessay but try them.
    http://groups.google.com/group/uk.t...90?lnk=gst&q=voiptalk&rnum=1#3fae756fba793790
    --------------------
    for outbound routing (and there are lots of ways todo this):
    setup a route with dial pattern=
    0044|.
    0|[1278]XXXXXXXXX
    00.
    ----------------------------
    In the trunk add to your dial pattern:
    8XXXXX
    8XXXXXXX
    9XXX
    0044+[1]XXXXXXXXX
    0044+[2]XXXXXXXXX
    0044+[8]XXXXXXXXX
    0044+[7]XXXXXXXXX
    00.
    the first 3 lines in this are for other voiptalk users and voiptalk
    services - 9123 is their speaking clock. Also, I seem to remember A@H
    (and maybe Trixbox still) didn't like 0044+[1278]XXXXXXXXX in the
    trunk, but was OK with it in the outbound route - hence the 4 lines
    here...
    ------------------------------------
    I realise the outbound route might appear a bit a*se about face but I
    do it like this as there are several trunks on the route apart from
    voiptalk.

    As per my email to you 2nd August, feel free to contact me if I can
    help further.

    paul123, Aug 22, 2006

  3. Telephoneman

    orangehand

    Joined:
    Jun 11, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Confused!

    Hi
    I have entered the details from your post on my trixbox admin, but dialling a uk landline number logs me into some part of the trixbox that asks for a password. I am trying to add a trial voipfone.co.uk sip account...

    Questions:
    Where in trixbox do I check to see if the trunk has been successfully registered?
    Does the dialplan you specified allow for straight dialling of London numbers (ie 72221234, or do I have to always dial the 020 prefix?
    The call log shows the call as being successful, but it does not give me a clue as to where it actually went - apart from my knowing that it didnt hit the pstn!

    orangehand, Jun 11, 2007