    well for this shooting.

    Thank you very much for any recommendation.

    Gerry
    Gerry, Feb 7, 2004

  2. Gerry

    Jim Waggener Guest

    "Gerry" <> wrote in message
    news:c0222a$123mt7$-berlin.de...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I want to purchase a new tripod (preferable a Manfrotto). It has to be
    > suitable for my 10D with 70-200L lens.
    > As well as I would like to attach a Kaidan head for pano shots.
    > Is the Kiwi L head good enough for this purpose? I have a fisheye lens as
    > well for this shooting.
    >
    > Thank you very much for any recommendation.
    >
    > Gerry

    I'm real happy with my Bogen/Manfrotto 3021.
    I even use it with a 4x5 camera. Great quality tripod.

    Jim Waggener, Feb 7, 2004

  3. Gerry

    Don Guest

    Gerry

    I have both the 190D equipped with 141rc head and the 055PRO. I use them
    both but in windy conditions with a large lens 300 tamron 20 -35 Canon I use
    the 055Pro which is considerably heavier. Would highly recommend either.
    If you are a tall person the Pro extends and extra 8 to 10 inches which can
    make quite a difference. The Pro centre tube also comes out and can be used
    in the horizontal plane. If you can only afford one go for the Pro. If you
    cant afford that then the 190 is also very good.

    regards

    Don from Down Under

    Don, Feb 8, 2004
  4. Gerry

    Gerry Guest

    "Don" <> wrote in message
    > Gerry
    >
    > I have both the 190D equipped with 141rc head and the 055PRO. I use them
    > both but in windy conditions with a large lens 300 tamron 20 -35 Canon I

    use
    > the 055Pro which is considerably heavier. Would highly recommend either.
    > If you are a tall person the Pro extends and extra 8 to 10 inches which

    can
    > make quite a difference. The Pro centre tube also comes out and can be

    used
    > in the horizontal plane. If you can only afford one go for the Pro. If

    you
    > cant afford that then the 190 is also very good.
    >
    > regards
    >
    > Don from Down Under

    Thank you both for this. Seems like the 055 (3021) is the choice
    Gerry, Feb 8, 2004
  5. Gerry

    leo Guest

    "Gerry" <> wrote in message
    > "Don" <> wrote in message
    > > Gerry
    > >
    > > I have both the 190D equipped with 141rc head and the 055PRO. I use

    them
    > > both but in windy conditions with a large lens 300 tamron 20 -35 Canon I

    > use
    > > the 055Pro which is considerably heavier. Would highly recommend

    either.
    > > If you are a tall person the Pro extends and extra 8 to 10 inches which

    > can
    > > make quite a difference. The Pro centre tube also comes out and can be

    > used
    > > in the horizontal plane. If you can only afford one go for the Pro. If

    > you
    > > cant afford that then the 190 is also very good.
    > >
    > > regards
    > >
    > > Don from Down Under

    > Thank you both for this. Seems like the 055 (3021) is the choice

    I bought 3021, along with 410 geared head. I am planning on getting 501
    video head too...
    leo, Feb 8, 2004