    socket and a shutter trigger to cameras like the low cost Olympus,
    Canon, and Kodak models?

    Thanks

    Dr. Dagor, Oct 6, 2003

  2. Dr. Dagor

    Networkguy Guest

    > Are there any non-camera-damaging techniques for adding a tripod
    > socket and a shutter trigger to cameras like the low cost Olympus,
    > Canon, and Kodak models?

    Well the Canon ones come with a proper tripod mount.

    Networkguy, Oct 6, 2003

  3. I use a very simple and small tripod with my Canon Don't remember where I
    bought it but following the link you can see a picture of it. It's legs are
    flexible.
    Unfortunately there is nothing written on it about the manufacturer. Height
    is about 15 cm.

    http://mwildam.may.co.at/fotos/tripod.jpg

    Martin Wildam, Oct 6, 2003
  4. Dr. Dagor

    Todd Walker Guest

    In article <blscfd$fgb5g$-berlin.de>,
    says...
    > I use a very simple and small tripod with my Canon Don't remember where I
    > bought it but following the link you can see a picture of it. It's legs are
    > flexible.
    > Unfortunately there is nothing written on it about the manufacturer. Height
    > is about 15 cm.
    >
    > http://mwildam.may.co.at/fotos/tripod.jpg

    Unfortunately that's not going to help him since his camera has no
    tripod MOUNT. That is, there is no hole in the bottom of the camera to
    screw the tripod into.

    --
    ________________________________
    Todd Walker

    Todd Walker, Oct 6, 2003
  5. Dr. Dagor

    eug k Guest

    Todd Walker <> wrote:
    > In article <blscfd$fgb5g$-berlin.de>,
    > says...
    >> I use a very simple and small tripod with my Canon Don't remember where I
    >> bought it but following the link you can see a picture of it. It's legs are
    >> flexible.
    >> Unfortunately there is nothing written on it about the manufacturer. Height
    >> is about 15 cm.
    >>
    >> http://mwildam.may.co.at/fotos/tripod.jpg

    > Unfortunately that's not going to help him since his camera has no
    > tripod MOUNT. That is, there is no hole in the bottom of the camera to
    > screw the tripod into.

    if the camera is light enough and he's desperate enough, he could
    remove the bolt and blutack his camera to the tripod.

    i accept no responsibility for falling cameras though. :)

    --
    is a valid email address. Don't remove anything!

    eug k, Oct 7, 2003
  6. One suggestion (non-damaging to the low cost camera) is to use wide
    rubber bands to temporarily attach the camera to the flat platform of
    a tripod. Wrapping a rubber band across the flat platform might
    provide a non-skid surface for the camera (which would be attached
    with additional rubber bands). An office supply store usually sells
    rubber bands in a few different widths.

    Another suggestion (definitely damaging to the camera) is to use
    cyanoacrylate adhesive ("Super Glue") to attach a 1/4" threaded
    fitting to the camera's exterior. I recall that some inexpensive
    adaptors (intended to attach small flash units to lightstands) had the
    1/4" threaded fitting.

    ________________________

    camera critter, Oct 7, 2003
  7. Dr. Dagor

    Junque Guest

    In article <>, Dr. Dagor
    <> writes
    >Hi... I have a cheap digital camera I use for taking pictures I'm
    >going to send over the internet. The lack of a tripod mount and
    >shutter release are driving me nuts, because it makes takes "table
    >top" photography a pain in the patoot.
    >
    >Are there any non-camera-damaging techniques for adding a tripod
    >socket and a shutter trigger to cameras like the low cost Olympus,
    >Canon, and Kodak models?

    I have seen an attachment in Jessops in the UK for allowing use of a
    cable release with compact cameras, it has an adjustable arm across the
    top with a fitting for the release and an adjustable vertical support
    for it from a base plate; unfortunately the base plate is attached to
    the camera via the tripod bush you do not have. Since this adapter also
    attaches to the tripod and looks fairly adjustable you could try fitting
    it to the tripod and using Blu-Tak, rubber bands, etc. as others have
    suggested. Incidentally what camera is it?

    --
    Ian - to reply directly use ian (at) newbrain (dot) demon (dot) co (dot) uk

    Junque, Oct 7, 2003
  8. Dr. Dagor

    Not Very Guest

    On 6 Oct 2003 10:43:25 -0700, (Dr. Dagor) wrote:

    > Hi... I have a cheap digital camera I use for taking pictures I'm
    > going to send over the internet. The lack of a tripod mount and
    > shutter release are driving me nuts, because it makes takes "table
    > top" photography a pain in the patoot.
    >
    > Are there any non-camera-damaging techniques for adding a tripod
    > socket and a shutter trigger to cameras like the low cost Olympus,
    > Canon, and Kodak models?

    Use velcro.

    Not Very, Oct 7, 2003
  9. Dr. Dagor

    Stewy Guest

    "Dr. Dagor" <> wrote in message
    > Hi... I have a cheap digital camera I use for taking pictures I'm
    > going to send over the internet. The lack of a tripod mount and
    > shutter release are driving me nuts, because it makes takes "table
    > top" photography a pain in the patoot.
    >
    > Are there any non-camera-damaging techniques for adding a tripod
    > socket and a shutter trigger to cameras like the low cost Olympus,
    > Canon, and Kodak models?

    I recommend looking in a camera shop for a cheapo used 35mm SLR camera case.
    There should be a retaining nut built into the case (to screw onto a tripod
    while still in the case) Cut it out and cut off the threaded screw and
    super-glue it onto the bottom of your camera.

    Stewy, Oct 7, 2003
  10. Dr. Dagor

    Ralph Guest

    Check out this site for a shutter release. I haven't tried it, but it looks
    feasible. http://www.camerashed.co.uk/project2.asp The project number may be
    different.

    --
    remove n u m b e r s to reply