    one!! Anyone ever seen one?

    Cheers

    andyt
    Andy Turner, May 12, 2004

  2. Andy Turner

    Tony Morgan Guest

    In message <>, Andy Turner
    <> writes

    >With my JVC vidcam came a strap which screwed into the tripod mount
    >socket on the bottom. This meant that it was almost universal and I
    >swapped it from camera to camera. I lent it my mum last week whilst
    >she went to Vegas and unfortunately her camera got nicked (not whilst
    >it was strapped to her, I hasten to add!). So I figured I'd search for
    >a replacement strap that worked in the same way but.... I can't find a
    >one!! Anyone ever seen one?

    I've seen them in Jessops. Might be an idea to ring your nearest branch
    first since not all of their shops carry the full range of "bits" in
    stock - though they'll invariably get one in for you.
    --
    Tony Morgan
    http://www.rhylonline.com
    Tony Morgan, May 12, 2004

  3. Andy Turner

    Bob Salomon Guest

    In article <>,
    Andy Turner <> wrote:

    > With my JVC vidcam came a strap which screwed into the tripod mount
    > socket on the bottom. This meant that it was almost universal and I
    > swapped it from camera to camera. I lent it my mum last week whilst
    > she went to Vegas and unfortunately her camera got nicked (not whilst
    > it was strapped to her, I hasten to add!). So I figured I'd search for
    > a replacement strap that worked in the same way but.... I can't find a
    > one!! Anyone ever seen one?
    >
    > Cheers
    >

    > andyt

    You are looking for a wrist strap. Kaiser makes a black leather one 6203
    which is 8" long and 0.4" wide.

    --
    To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.
    Bob Salomon, May 12, 2004
  4. Andy Turner

    Irwell Guest

    On Wed, 12 May 2004 12:27:44 +0000 (UTC), Andy Turner <>
    wrote:

    >With my JVC vidcam came a strap which screwed into the tripod mount
    >socket on the bottom. This meant that it was almost universal and I
    >swapped it from camera to camera. I lent it my mum last week whilst
    >she went to Vegas and unfortunately her camera got nicked (not whilst
    >it was strapped to her, I hasten to add!). So I figured I'd search for
    >a replacement strap that worked in the same way but.... I can't find a
    >one!! Anyone ever seen one?
    >
    >Cheers
    >

    >andyt

    You can make your own, find one of those old leather camera
    cases and use the tripod screw from it with some lanyard type
    cord.
    Irwell, May 12, 2004
  5. Andy Turner

    Andy Turner Guest

    On Wed, 12 May 2004 09:25:02 -0400, Bob Salomon
    <> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > Andy Turner <> wrote:
    >
    >> With my JVC vidcam came a strap which screwed into the tripod mount
    >> socket on the bottom. This meant that it was almost universal and I
    >> swapped it from camera to camera. I lent it my mum last week whilst
    >> she went to Vegas and unfortunately her camera got nicked (not whilst
    >> it was strapped to her, I hasten to add!). So I figured I'd search for
    >> a replacement strap that worked in the same way but.... I can't find a
    >> one!! Anyone ever seen one?
    >> >

    >You are looking for a wrist strap. Kaiser makes a black leather one 6203
    >which is 8" long and 0.4" wide.

    Cheers for the suggestions guys! I shall look into it further. My mum
    tried to get one from Jessops and they looked at her like she was an
    idiot! So I'll have to pop myself.

    andyt
    Andy Turner, May 18, 2004