    --
    BLueCoBra

    -- Please pardon my driving, I'm reloading.

    BLueCoBra, Oct 1, 2003

  2. BLueCoBra

    Terry Guest

    My wife gave me a Promaster 6100 for my birthday to use with my G5, and I am
    very happy with it. 61" fully extended. 24" folded up so it fits in most
    suitcases or travel bags. . Only 3.6 lbs. I am 6'2" and went back to the
    camera store to look at a taller model. The 73" extended model was more
    than twice the price and double the weight. The price did not bother me, it
    was the weight that made the decision. The fact that it is so light means I
    carry it around more. I use the LCD to shoot most of the time anyway, and I
    like to see the settings on top of the camera so turns out it is tall
    enough. The quick connector is square and the same width as the camera so
    you can leave it on all the time. The fact that it is square allows you to
    put it on facing any direction so you can angle the camera any way you want.
    Two snap locks on each leg so it could not be easier to use. Retail is
    $59.95. I have seen it on line & got mine at Larmon photo on sale for $40.
    "BLueCoBra" <bluecobra@*nospam*intergate.com> wrote in message
    > I'm looking to buy a tripod for my G3. I don't want a very expensive one,
    > just one that will keep the camera more steady than my hands ever do. I'm
    > thinking of around the $50-ish range. Is this feasible? You ppl gave me

    good

    Terry, Oct 1, 2003

  3. BLueCoBra

    BLueCoBra Guest

    Sounds good, think I'll check it out. Thanks!

    BLueCoBra, Oct 2, 2003
  4. "BLueCoBra" <bluecobra@*nospam*intergate.com> wrote in message
    > I'm looking to buy a tripod for my G3. I don't want a very expensive one,
    > just one that will keep the camera more steady than my hands ever do. I'm
    > thinking of around the $50-ish range. Is this feasible? You ppl gave me

    good
    > advice before, let's see if you can do it again! ;-) jk. TIA

    http://traveltripod.com

    $50 is pushing it. The Velbon 343E is around $60-70. Do a Froogle search, a
    Yahoo
    shopping search, a pricegrabber.com and an eBay search. Compare shipping
    charges
    too.

    Steven M. Scharf, Oct 2, 2003