    Cheers
    --
    Graham
    Graham Cox, Jul 6, 2005

  2. Graham Cox

    Ian Guest

    "Graham Cox" <> wrote in message
    news:tnEye.86259$...
    > Hiya,
    >
    > Does anybody happen to know of a VoIP service that offers cheap phone
    > calls to/from Trinidad And Tobago?
    >
    > I'm not entirely sure how the phone system works over there, since it's
    > +1-868 to dial it from the UK - which should normally imply that it's an
    > american phone number... Does this mean that a long distance account on
    > an american carrier gets free calls to Trinidad? Or is it not that
    > simple? :)

    Hi

    Voipjet is $0.1077 per min

    sipgate is £0.101 per min with min billing

    voiptalk is £0.12 or £0.095 on silver with per second billing

    and 1899.com id £0.07 per min with per second billing and is non voip

    as to the 1 prefix you will find that much of the carabian as well a parts
    of the pacific have a one prefix. I know from my times in the Pacific all
    calls came to the islands via satalite which were mainly US controlled.

    Ian
    Ian, Jul 6, 2005

  3. Graham Cox

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Graham Cox wrote:
    > Hiya,
    >
    > Does anybody happen to know of a VoIP service that offers cheap
    > phone calls to/from Trinidad And Tobago?
    >
    > I'm not entirely sure how the phone system works over there, since
    > it's +1-868 to dial it from the UK - which should normally imply
    > that it's an american phone number... Does this mean that a long
    > distance account on an american carrier gets free calls to
    > Trinidad? Or is it not that simple? :)

    It's part of the NANP which isn't the same thing as being in the US.

    See www.nanpa.com

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Jul 6, 2005